The Top 250 on IMDB

Well?

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
117 but im hopeless at remembering film names for some reason, make that 116 i checked the philidelphia story because i confused it with Philidelphia, suprised thats not on the list tbh

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've seen 144 of them - although I ticked 141, I missed three when I voted. Not bad seeing that I've not seen any Star Wars (bar the first one), LOrd of the Rings, Killing Bill or Bourne films.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
About 220. Not nearlly as many as someone like Goodfellas I suspect. But of the ones I'm missing, there's only about 3 or 4 recent ones that I want to see (I'm slacking and haven't seen Inception or the Social Network or Black Swan yet, but will sort that soon). I'm not the slightest bit bothered about having missed things like Spirited Away or most of the Star Wars series...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
About 220. Not nearlly as many as someone like Goodfellas I suspect. But of the ones I'm missing, there's only about 3 or 4 recent ones that I want to see (I'm slacking and haven't seen Inception or the Social Network or Black Swan yet, but will sort that soon). I'm not the slightest bit bothered about having missed things like Spirited Away or most of the Star Wars series...

Spirited Away is superb - one of the best animation films I've ever seen. It's well worth seeing as are all Miyazaki's films. He has four on that list so you could beef up your tally by watching them. I'll catch Princess Mononoke later this month as Father Christmas has bought it for my daughter.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
I've seen 144 of them - although I ticked 141, I missed three when I voted. Not bad seeing that I've not seen any Star Wars (bar the first one), LOrd of the Rings, Killing Bill or Bourne films.

Stars Wars - I've only seen the first one too. I'd stopped being a kid by the time Empire Strikes Back had come out and had lost interest

LOTR - thank your lucky stars. I sat through the lot and have seldom been so bored.

Kill Bill - they are overly long and self-indulgent as two movies. If QT got himself a decent editor, cut out 40% of it and spliced the rest into a single 2-2.5 hour movie, it would be very good indeed (but still not in the same league as Pulp Fiction or Inglourious Basterds).

Bourne. The first two are excellent. The third one isn't bad, it's just more of the same, and I'm not convinced we needed it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
107. Like Gwylan - not Star Wars (apart from the first) Lord of the Rings, Killing Bill, or Bourne. I am sure there are a couple where I can't remember the title. I don't see myself as a film buff.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
Most people on here would probably get one more, if like me they had checked against the real IMDB list and realised that "Aleind" is actually meant to read "Alien". As it is, only 2 of us claim to have seen it...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Most people on here would probably get one more, if like me they had checked against the real IMDB list and realised that "Aleind" is actually meant to read "Alien". As it is, only 2 of us claim to have seen it...

LOL. I hadn't realised that - that's another for me. I thought it might have been a Bollywood film.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
88. I've got at least 4 of them in my DVD collection that I've just never got round to watching - Million dollar baby, The wrestler, No country for old men and Fargo, so could make it 92 if I get them in over the Christmas holidays.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
88. I've got at least 4 of them in my DVD collection that I've just never got round to watching - Million dollar baby, The wrestler, No country for old men and Fargo, so could make it 92 if I get them in over the Christmas holidays.

Don't waste your time with Million Dollar Baby - it's got all the Hollywood cliches and then some more. The script seemed like it had been written by a computer.

But No Country for Old Men and Fargo are both excellent. The latter is the perfect accompaniment to the snowy weather.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here