Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOGIK L8DHW10 Dehumidifier- anybody got one?

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Note got that make or model, but would guess that it's a desiccant due to the power drawn and as it states "Built-in heater".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm considering buying this model, but nowhere on the web can I find it's weight, whether it'll work with a plug-in timer or even if it's a compressor or desiccant type. Not to be confused with the Logik L16DHW10 model.
LOGIK L8DHW10 Dehumidifier - White buy online | Currys

If you have a Currys store in Mansfield they will be able to tell you the weight if they have one in stock as it will be written on the cardboard packaging. I used to own an Ebac dehumidifier and think the Logik model is the compressor type.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I'm no expert (unlike most on NSC !) but I think that desiccant de-humidifiers can't be used with a plug-in timer, as the fan has to continue for a while after it turns off to cool the internals. Having said that, i believe they mostly come with built in timers to allow for this.

If you have a Currys store in Mansfield they will be able to tell you the weight if they have one in stock as it will be written on the cardboard packaging. I used to own an Ebac dehumidifier and think the Logik model is the compressor type.

I made a trip down there yesterday only to find they didn't stock that model. Then I realised I could have found that out just by starting the online ordering process, choosing the 'reserve and collect' option. :US:

If only I knew its weight, I would be able to deduce the type.

I'm no expert (unlike most on NSC !) but I think that desiccant de-humidifiers can't be used with a plug-in timer, as the fan has to continue for a while after it turns off to cool the internals. Having said that, i believe they mostly come with built in timers to allow for this.
Yes, and it's also to drain any remaining moisture. But I was hoping to set it up to start when Economy 7 kicks in, hoping that the unit's own timer button isn't the type found on VCRs etc.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
would guess that it's a desiccant due to the power drawn and as it states "Built-in heater".
I thought compressor types could also have heaters so I found this on this site Portable dehumidifiers, heating, air purifiers, humidifiers and air conditioning : Complete air treatment : Portable dehumidifier

"Anything under 15°C is low temperature for a dehumidifier and there is a risk of a traditional compressor based machine icing up because the air is cooled inside the dehumidifier until the water vapour condenses. The lower the ambient temperature the lower the temperature inside the dehumidifier and the closer to freezing you get. especially when the ambient air is below 15°C. The other factor is that compressor based machines extract less water out of the air the lower the temperature gets. Therefore a machine that is rated at 16 litres per day at 30°C and 80%rh will extract about 3 litres per day when used at less than 10°C. For most applications this will actually be fine and certainly enough to control the relative humidity to a reasonable level."
So what do you buy?

If you do have an application where there is little or no heating only ever buy a compressor based dehumidifier with HOT GAS DEFROST or a absorption based machine (see below). The Mitsubishi Electric machines both have hot gas defrost, a special low temperature mode and auto-restart after a power cut, and can therefore be left unattended.

The Meaco X-Dry, Meaco DD122FW and the Meaco DD8L are absorption based dehumidifiers. This means that they have no compressor to freeze up in the first place. This makes them quieter, lighter and cheaper. They will extract a consistent amount of water (between 6 and 10 litres a day) regardless of the temperature and is therefore more efficient at low temperature than the two compressor models.

I noticed that the local store had a couple of these back in stock, so I nipped down to have a look. Of course, the (female) assistant hadn't heard of desiccant; in fact I'm pretty sure she didn't know the other type were compressors. However, she opened a box for me and let me read the instructions. Incredibly, there was no mention therein about the type or whether it can be switched off with an external timer. In fact there was no info whatsoever about ambient temperatures, or even the weight of the machine (the instructions helpfully gave its dimensions though, as they are sooo difficult to ascertain).
So, Currys cannot tell me what type there own make is. This is akin to selling a chain saw online with no way of knowing if it is electric or petrol. Pathetic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here