Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why another new board?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well the last one had some sorta database problem. Bozza has now updated to the best of the best. NSC gets what NSC deserves. :cool:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The old NSC (on Ikonboard) as everyone knew it suffered a corrupt database. It also suffered glitches from time to time so I thought it a good opportunity to get a new board.

So we tried the Invision board, briefly, and managed to migrate users and posts from old NSC. But, many NSC users suffered problems posting and logging in. From reading discussions, it seems a lot of people have found the same when they used Invision.

So, I've taken the plunge and bought vBulletin - the best board software there is. Unfortunately there are no conversions available from Ikonboard 3.11 which old NSC was on to this board. There are also none from Invision to this board.

To get everything from there to here would require installing yet another board, copying everything from old NSC to there and from that other board to here. And there was no guarantee how well it would work.

I thought it best just to get this board up and running ASAP.

I can only apologise for the hassle people have had, but if re-registering is the extent of your hassles then, believe me, it doesn't touch the week I've had trying to get NSC up and running again.

I hope everyone feels it is worth it in the long run - this board is a lot more powerful and flexible than any other - hence the price tag.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Bozza and thanks

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You can have your old post count reset if you want. I should be able to do it now (temp admin) if you want.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Cant reset my post count coz i've changed user names :rolleyes:

Attachments

• article-1052851-0286FF5200000578-311_468x527.jpg
    article-1052851-0286FF5200000578-311_468x527.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here