Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday 12th December - Meeting at Coral Hove Stadium!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Thanks to all those that attended Sunday, good turnout, and I believe some winning bets were actually placed this time :thumbsup:

Well done J2 BHA's son!! I think we'd like to adopt him as the Syndicates Resident Greyhound tipster! :lolol: Taxi anyone!!

For those members that were unable to attend, here's a rough account of what happened! Please anyone who was there fill in any important bits that I may have forgotten. ???

Well, I don't know how it happened, but it appears I've been elected Chairman of the Syndicate ??? Having never done anything like this before, I would be appreciative of any tips on what I should be doing, and I promise that I will do my best to make this a successful syndicate. Thanks for the vote of confindence guys :blush:

Well, Barry Izbak is the treasurer/membership sec. still. And I like to place on record my thanks for all the hard work he's been doing behind the scenes, getting the Syndicate Bank account set up with Hola Gus (who is the joint signitary on the account), getting people to part with their cash, and generally getting dates for meetings organised, and of course for bringing my original thread back up in the summer. Thanks Nigel :drink:

Mark (Prawnsarnies) has volunteered for the role of Trainer Liason. So he will be the guy that will be finding out wether it's worth backing the dog when it runs, :wink:, or not. And generally dealing with the trainer, for all matters with the dog. Thanks Mark, especially as you will be putting in lots of mileage, possibly. :thumbsup:

Right, here's what else happenend/and agreed at the meeting.

1. Most of the money is now in. Just waiting for a couple of December payments. But we're nearly there! :amex:

2. Any dog that the syndicate owns will have the prefix "Albion", as this of course is Brighton related (Sorry ARFURW8 :love:) , and it gives us enough letters to have a reasonbly long last name bit, if you get what I mean.
It appears everyone has come up with at least one good name, and the aim is to put it to a vote of the general board, and get a general opinion of a good name for the first dog. Still waiting for suggestions to come in from a couple of members of the syndicate. When they're all in, the poll will be posted on the main board.

3. The membership is currently at 11 Members. This is made up of 8 members who own £100 shares, and 6 members that hold £50 shares.
The £100 members have two votes each, and the £50 members have one vote each. So 22 votes in total.
I just noticed a slight problem here! The vote could be split, so suggestions on how this could be resolved, greatly appreciated from the members please.

4. Myself, Hola Gus, and one other member (sorry can't remember who it was :blush:), have agreed that one of us will rehome the dog at the end of it's career.

5. Rules and Regs for the syndicate were discussed, and I think we have a basic framework for agreement, that's not too heavy, but is of course legal enough to keep all members happy.
If you have any other suggestions for rules and regs, please get them in to me or Barry Izbak, and I think another meeting will have to be arranged to finalise the rules of the Syndicate very soon, before the first dog is purchased.

We still have to register the Syndicate with the Greyhound Racing Authorities, and I've been told that this should cost roughly £70 to £80.

I pushed things on a bit today, and hopefully have something in place to get this Syndicate onto the next stage. :wink:
All members of the syndicate will receive an e-mail regarding this info. very shortly. Keep em peeled for it!!

Well, I think that's all of it. If I've missed anything please fill it in for me!!

(God, that's taken me an hour an half to write! :eek:)

Here's to the North Stand Chat Syndicates first winner! :drink:

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
Nice one Barry - reckon that's everything we talked about. Let us know how you get on when you've spoken to the racing manager as it'd be good to get a trainer on board.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Good work Barry, Nige, Mark and all the guys that attended. Yeah i agree that if the vote goes 11 each then the Chairman should get casting vote

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
That first post is very smiley heavy! lol

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Expertly written, can i suggest if there is a split vote that you or the current chairman has the casting vote, perhaps we should have a vote on it:laugh:

This if accepted will need to be written into the Rules...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yeah, great, now look. Assuming we have still not actually made an offer for the NSCGS inaugural animal, where is the NAME THE DOG thread and poll?

From the long list there is only one winner for me, and I will be lobbying like crazy to get it voted in.

And is the poll going to be a straightforward poll, or one of those long winded WORLD CUP polls? :lol:

NSCGS NAME THAT DOG WORLD CUP :lolol::laugh:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Yeah, great, now look. Assuming we have still not actually made an offer for the NSCGS inaugural animal, where is the NAME THE DOG thread and poll?

From the long list there is only one winner for me, and I will be lobbying like crazy to get it voted in.

And is the poll going to be a straightforward poll, or one of those long winded WORLD CUP polls? :lol:

NSCGS NAME THAT DOG WORLD CUP :lolol::laugh:

Bring it on as mine is the winner!!:falmer:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here