Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Is A Promise Not A Promise

BlythMeister

Aug 30, 2010
Lewes
Remember those promises that those of us that travelled to Gillingham with season tickets would be guaranteed priority tickets when the club returned to a permanent residence in Brighton.

I've had my season ticket since before 1995 and attended my first game inn the middle of the 1995/96 season when I was 7.

I have now found out that although i am in the priority 1 season ticket group the earliest appointment i can take up is on the 31st January the last possible date for priority 1 and there could be some 2,400 people ahead of me in the queue for tickets each person potentially being able to by 4 tickets, therefore a potential 9,600 ticket sales BEFORE I can choose my seat.

I have always been in the most expensive section of seats, from the west stand central at the Goldstone, to the "gold" section at the Preistfield (for those of you who can remember it) and the north stand at Withdean.
I know season ticket holders who have ONLY been to Withdean, and have sat it cheaper seats with a better view of the game and have more priority than me!

Is THAT a delivery of a promise Mr Perry, or yet another empty promise from the Albion.

I look forward to seeing if the club can pass any comment on this and allow me to book online from the 10th January without the need to attend a presentation because I want to sit in the East stand at the half way line 15 - 20 rows from the front, not much to ask for all the year of dedicated support (and marches along the seafront!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here