Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Snow in the FA Cup: Peterborough v Brighton (1985-86) (vintage video)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
[yt]QYEcTp_Nhac[/yt]

I thought it'd be a good time to post this classic match from the archives. Was it the first time Albion wore that lovely red adidas kit?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That day was proper cold - second coldest game ever.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You see ! The ball did jump over Digweed, it isn`t a myth. Great day that with our free red scarves.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
My first away game. Travelled on the special train with some right dodgy looking characters, and the lights in the train failed, so it was pitch black whenever we went through a tunnel. The train took a right odd route through the back end of London. I couldn't see either of our goals, as I am not the tallest person around, but it was my introduction to being in an Albion away crowd. The Peterborough popular area to our left was open and didn't half look cold. I was glad of a roof that day. How many did we take? 6000, wasn't it?

Jimmy Grimble

Cracking away strip.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy days.
I've still got my red and white scarf.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Remember that day well. We stood on the terracing behind the goal on solid ice. Don't think my feet had ever been so cold.
And that red strip was so cool.
Perry Digweed had just dived down to get the ball and it hit a lump of ice and bounced right over him.

Think the game would be called off nowadays, but it was a top day out.

Jan 30, 2008
Were you there though? I was right in the middle, to the right of the goal and when we equalised for the second time, I genuinely (for the only time at the football) felt my life might be in danger.
yep, left hand side down the front , first time i'll agree with you, it was a bit tight !

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Remember it well. Amazing to think so many got there despite that weather.
It was chaotic when Jacobs scored that second goal. One of the best away days I can remember

Jan 30, 2008
Remember it well. Amazing to think so many got there despite that weather.
It was chaotic when Jacobs scored that second goal. One of the best away days I can remember
i think it was around 11am that they said the game was going to be played after a pitch inspection ?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was sideways in there it was so packed.shame the footage dosnt show the away end,still great to see though.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
i think it was around 11am that they said the game was going to be played after a pitch inspection ?

Can't remember mate. I know my brother drove up there and all my old man kept saying on the way was 'this will never be on, let's turn round and go home'.

I expect you were up there the night before????

Jan 30, 2008
Can't remember mate. I know my brother drove up there and all my old man kept saying on the way was 'this will never be on, let's turn round and go home'.

I expect you were up there the night before????
no buck, i left at 11am, mate drove 4 of us in the car , parked up and went straight to the nearest pub found some friendly boro in there :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here