Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar - Season Ticket podcast special

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's not completely confirmed (still waiting on news that we can actually use the studio), but we intend to record an edition of The Albion Roar for as-soon-as-possible broadcast (not live, mind) tomorrow (Wed) evening.

In the studio will be myself and Ady along with Albion chief executive Martin Perry and managing director Ken Brown.

Martin will be keeping us up to speed with all things stadium, and Ken will be happy to answer any queries anyone has about the Season Ticket and general ticketing set-up, plus a wide range of current Albion-related issues.

Please leave your (sensible) comment, suggestions and questions here.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If this can be arranged, it will be briliant :bowdown: as it has been a while since Martin has done a a video update on Player. No doubt he has been extremely busy.

I can probably guess the answer but can you ask Ken how many season tickets he reckons will be avaiable for general sale?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'd like to know what provisions there are for season ticket holders to bring casual pals/relatives along to matches. Will we be able to buy tickets on their behalf. I have a number of friends interested in seeing the Albion and the new stadium but clearly they either can't afford or wouldn't use a season ticket.

Thanks.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Also, can you ask why no priority has been given to those who have been buying individual tickets at Withdean, and why now in that case, some people will get priority even if they haven't attended a single game, because they know some bloke who sits in Block A? I understand why people are allowed to buy + tickets so that family and friends can come along but in particular +3 seems excessive if by that ends it results in those who have been buying individual tickets at Withdean being left out.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Regarding the presentaions starting in Januray. I believe its groups of 40 at 4 presentaions a day.

If we have just over 3,500 season ticket holders, would it be right that it could take over a month for STH to all attend. I ubderstand you want to sell 15,000 ST for Falmer, hence why STH can buy multiplte tickets.

My question is can STH bring other people along to the Januray presentaions or will it be limited to STH only.

Also, bloody excited to see the stadium, how much will we see during these presentaions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What happens if your son has not done the 9 years and you have and want to sit with others not in the 9 year bracket.

Also why no U21s as this looks like our party may not be able to afford to sit together.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My question is can STH bring other people along to the Januray presentaions or will it be limited to STH only.

QUOTE]

This one as well

also

Would like it clarified that no tickets will be reserved until the presentations begin ?

and

When a 9 year ST holder attends , what is procedure for them booking 3 family or friends (and other less than 9 yr ST holders) to sit with them ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ken Brown reckons FCUM fans were a credit to their team as they STOOD ALL GAME and sung their hearts out.

If Standing ( therefore breaking the ground regulations) is OK for Ken, then who are we to argue.

Mr Bown, Discuss

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Because Im with people who will be a mix of Cat 1 & 2 I want to sit next to them. Will I be able to? Or will I have to wait till Cat 4 presentations are done.

Im not bothered about going to the presentation. Just want to ensure I get a seat next to my friends.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Will season tickets be transferrable should the holder not be able to attend for something vital like a triple heart bypass or Jedward at the Brighton Centre, for example?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Could you ask Martin and Ken, what sort of fair pricing policy is it that sees a father and his two sons see the price of their equivalent seats DOUBLE at the new stadium? Are we a demographic that they don't really care about?

Our ST price this year was £425 + 144 + 118 (early bird South Stand central) = £687

Cat D (equivalent view to our current seats) would be £545 + 545 + 272 = £1362

Or cheapest (behind the goal) would be £395 + 395 + 197 = £987

I know you can't please all of the people all of the time, but this seems pretty harsh compared to the treatment of other fan groups.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Will season tickets be transferrable should the holder not be able to attend for something vital like a triple heart bypass or Jedward at the Brighton Centre, for example?

Transferability is important. The question was side-stepped by Martin P when interviewed by Steve North. It boils down to this:

Plenty of people share season tickets. Two sharers attend alternate games, for example.
Plenty of them don't live in B&H. (In fact, distance from Brighton is one reason why people have, say, a half-share).
How will the system work for them? In my view, we should be able to transfer our 'match credit' for any given game to a fellow member, without the club taking a cut. If the club decides to charge a 'nominal' fee of £5 every time, then they are taxing the sharing of season tickets to the tune of £5 every other match (assuming a 50/50 share), which is a 20% hike, as well as a membership fee for one sharer (which is fair enough tbh).

In my view, the risk to the club of disincentivising sharing is that, after the first season at Falmer, fewer people than would like to do so will show their loyalty in this way. At the very least, when you interview KB & MP, you can play a part in getting them to stop pretending that there aren't plenty of people who do this. When Comedy Steve asked Martin about this, he just gave a glib response to the effect that "the way to guarantee seeing your football at a top-class stadium is to buy your own season ticket".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Transferability is important. The question was side-stepped by Martin P when interviewed by Steve North. It boils down to this:

Plenty of people share season tickets. Two sharers attend alternate games, for example.
Plenty of them don't live in B&H. (In fact, distance from Brighton is one reason why people have, say, a half-share).
How will the system work for them? In my view, we should be able to transfer our 'match credit' for any given game to a fellow member, without the club taking a cut. If the club decides to charge a 'nominal' fee of £5 every time, then they are taxing the sharing of season tickets to the tune of £5 every other match (assuming a 50/50 share), which is a 20% hike, as well as a membership fee for one sharer (which is fair enough tbh).

In my view, the risk to the club of disincentivising sharing is that, after the first season at Falmer, fewer people than would like to do so will show their loyalty in this way. At the very least, when you interview KB & MP, you can play a part in getting them to stop pretending that there aren't plenty of people who do this. When Comedy Steve asked Martin about this, he just gave a glib response to the effect that "the way to guarantee seeing your football at a top-class stadium is to buy your own season ticket".

He did respond to this when he was on last year. I think Beach Hut asked the question.

He said something to the effect that while it's not supposed to happen, the truth is they can't stop it happening.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was Hebbard who said that when he was on the Roar that the club turn a blind eye to this

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
That was Hebbard who said that when he was on the Roar that the club turn a blind eye to this

I don't understand this at all.

"Turn a blind eye" - it's like they're doing us a favour! Sainsbury doesn't patronise me by telling me it's turning a blind eye to the fact I went to Tesco last week. The cheek!

The point is, you have people who are loyal enough fans (customers, these days?) that they will commit in advance to attending half the club's home matches. This is good news for the club. They should be encouraging it - it's a way of securing income and increasing the number of season tickets held. It's mad to think that there are only two categories of fan: STHs and casual fans.

The question for them for Falmer then is: will it be easy and no-cost for a STH to transfer his/her 'match ticket' to a fellow member? Can you ask this, explaining the rationale behind it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here