Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone ever joined the AA for immediate cover?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Apparantly they were having 1500 calls per hour yesterday and went to 16000 breakdowns so would assume if you joined today you will be in the back of the que when it comes to calling them out to your car.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Yeah, I joined the RAC for immediate cover when my car broke down on the way to work once. They charged the normal annual subscription, plus around £70 (I think) as a premium for coming out to my car on the same day.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Yeah, I joined the RAC for immediate cover when my car broke down on the way to work once. They charged the normal annual subscription, plus around £70 (I think) as a premium for coming out to my car on the same day.

Ok... so how much was it in total, with the subscription...?

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I've done the AA apply on the spot option - think it was £110 membership plus I think £70 for the join on the spot bit. Home start is even more. Try their website

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
May not be much help to you in terms of policy details, but this is a true story.

A few years ago I broke down on a roundabout of all places. I had no breakdown cover at the time. By happenstance a certain breakdown company van came round the corner and towed me to safety. Once parked up safely, he said he could join me up there and then at no extra cost and tow me home. If memory serves me right he only managed to do this through some sort of friends and family loop hole to ensure I qualified for immediate assistance without extra charge ( I think he took pity on me as I had the wife and kids with me and was about 15 miles from home ). I know I definatley didn't pay any premium to get towed home, just standard annual cover was all I paid for. I did though give the bloke a drink ( not at his request I might add ) as he was such a gent and I was extremely grateful.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Just spoke to the AA - they offered to join me up today and send someone round to diagnose the fault for 145 quid.

Gonna give it a miss cos I'm pretty sure I know what it is so I'll take it to the garage on Monday...

Cheers for the advice all the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here