Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
A little over 13hours before BOWL OFF and I for one am soooo excited I could'nt sleep last night! a kip later today is in order for the first of a possible FIVE all night sessions.

BRING IT ON!

90028959-copy-274199.jpg

skipper-ricky-ponting-221x300.jpg

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Anyone know what time the toss will be and when play actually starts? I reckon if we bat I might go to bed and then wake up early but if we bowl I'll stay up for an hour (or more if we start taking wickets!!)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Anyone know what time the toss will be and when play actually starts? I reckon if we bat I might go to bed and then wake up early but if we bowl I'll stay up for an hour (or more if we start taking wickets!!)

toss 11:30pm, starts midnight I *think*. seeing as the program starts at 11pm and pretty sure I heard the SSN commentators last night say about a midnight start.

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009
cue late nights with a radio and an ear piece with the wife getting annoyed if I wake her up... can't wait

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
toss 11:30pm, starts midnight I *think*. seeing as the program starts at 11pm and pretty sure I heard the SSN commentators last night say about a midnight start.

Pretty sure that's right. Won't be able to watch the start, but as I get up at 5, should see some of the later stuff.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Just hope England WIN in 4 days.Got a week holiday,go back Monday.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm torn between staying up late and listening to the start or getting up early and catching the end. I'd like to do the former but the kids generally wake up around 5.30 and I need some kip. Can hardly wait though.

Those on Twitter can get an Ashes ribbon for your pic from here http://twb.ly/9MKlH2

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think i will sky + it friday and saturday night, then spend the daytime watching it! Trying to avoid the news on tv and on the radio might be a problem though.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
going to see the first 30 minutes in a cafe over the road from the office tomorrow morning before staring work, then will be streaming Athers, Kerry O'Keefe et al through the interweb at work.
I have a carton of Corona a test bet with one Aussie mate and a carton of Cooper's Pale Ale with another one - come on!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can't f***ing wait, just been to watch Brisbane Roar beat Perth Glory 3-2, Robbie Fowler scored with a pen. Superb Stadium.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I am also off work till Monday, should be interesting Australia have not lost at the SCG since the days of Viv Richards. Will be staying up late tonight to watch the first session.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
WFH tomorrow, so can feel an all night session coming on tonight :thumbsup: Can't wait.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I am also off work till Monday, should be interesting Australia have not lost at the SCG since the days of Viv Richards. Will be staying up late tonight to watch the first session.

That's all right. We don't play at the SCG until 2 January - we'll be 4-0 up by then

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
That's all right. We don't play at the SCG until 2 January - we'll be 4-0 up by then

4-0 up and every test won with two days to spare, that would be ideal. I'll have some of that...

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I'm torn between staying up late and getting up early too. I think as it is the first day I'll stay up to see the toss and then watch the first session.

I may then get a few hours kip before getting up for the final session - caffiene at the ready!!!!!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm torn between staying up late and getting up early too. I think as it is the first day I'll stay up to see the toss and then watch the first session.

I may then get a few hours kip before getting up for the final session - caffiene at the ready!!!!!!!

That's my plan. Plenty of protein at dinner time and no carbs OR BOOZE!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here