Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FCUM fans considering an official boycott on 27th

fcumforum.org.uk :: Log in

It seems as though our visitors from the Evostick league are considering declining their allocation of 850 tickets.

They beleive BHA have discriminated against them, as Woking were given a larger allocation (East Stand) and that BHA have broken FA rules and not offered 15% to the away team.

If we have only given them 10%, which as I understand is a breach of the rules, it's a daft and potentially troublsome decision.

Firstly, we will not sell the other 8000 tickets, we will be lucky to sell 5000, so there is up to £30k in revenue, just from ticket sales going a miss. We might be able to afford it, but can FCUM?

Secondly, what if they do come down in force. They will be in the home end, they will be outside the ground.

FFS, Albion, sort this - It's crazy, potentially dangerous and above all unfair!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally they have a point as the rules state their allocation so why can't they have it ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
has it been stated anywhere that we're only offering them 10%?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
they seem to be an angry bunch wanting to challenge everything, thinking they are somehow superior because they are the "real" fans of Man U. As we found out all those years ago, it's better to protest from within.

(they've probably got a point though)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Give them 15% but make them pay up front (as I believe is allowed).

Unless of course the club are doing it on Police advice.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good if they boycott.
Its just a stunt anyway. The odds are that they won't sell their allocation anyway and that would look bad as they are now getting some juicy publicity as they progress in the cup.

The "Good, Honest, Principled team raised from an idea in the pub" story would not look so good with just 180 loyal fans stood in the East.

mickthered

Nov 18, 2010
fcumforum.org.uk :: Log in

It seems as though our visitors from the Evostick league are considering declining their allocation of 850 tickets.

They beleive BHA have discriminated against them, as Woking were given a larger allocation (East Stand) and that BHA have broken FA rules and not offered 15% to the away team.

If we have only given them 10%, which as I understand is a breach of the rules, it's a daft and potentially troublsome decision.

Firstly, we will not sell the other 8000 tickets, we will be lucky to sell 5000, so there is up to £30k in revenue, just from ticket sales going a miss. We might be able to afford it, but can FCUM?

Secondly, what if they do come down in force. They will be in the home end, they will be outside the ground.

FFS, Albion, sort this - It's crazy, potentially dangerous and above all unfair!

We could quite easily afford it as we would make 2-3 even more on donations that people would give on the money saved by not going to the game
in my case it would be 50% of a ten quid ticket or a 35 quid donation on money saved by not going

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FCUM say they have only been offered 10%.

For me this is confirmed by the fact we are selling the East Stand to BHA fans.

then who decided they only get 10% BHA? the Police? the FA? have FCUNTS jumped to the ASSUMPTION its BHA?

see where i'm going with this?......and no I dont know why I care so much either :lolol:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
they seem to be an angry bunch wanting to challenge everything, thinking they are somehow superior because they are the "real" fans of Man U.

A sort of Ruffians v 1901 then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here