Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My first view of Falmer

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Today I managed to convince my sister to do what she has been refusing to do for the last year-drive past Falmer after our day out in Brighton. So in the pouring rain and half light I got my first view of our new stadium.
It's absolutly stunning! Actually my 1st thought as we came over the hill on the A27 from the Brighton direction was intimidating. It sort of popped out of the hills in front of our eyes and shone out of the gloom-and thats even without being lit up.
Both me and my sister really like the blue colouring particuarly with the white of the walls. It gives it a personal feel.
On another note I have now nearly completed my christmas shopping and paid for my reserved match tickets so a very succesful day overall.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Why has she been refusing to drive past it until now?

Today I managed to convince my sister to do what she has been refusing to do for the last year-drive past Falmer after our day out in Brighton. So in the pouring rain and half light I got my first view of our new stadium.
It's absolutly stunning! Actually my 1st thought as we came over the hill on the A27 from the Brighton direction was intimidating. It sort of popped out of the hills in front of our eyes and shone out of the gloom-and thats even without being lit up.
Both me and my sister really like the blue colouring particuarly with the white of the walls. It gives it a personal feel.
On another note I have now nearly completed my christmas shopping and paid for my reserved match tickets so a very succesful day overall.

if you think half light is good,go along in pitch black:p

Srixon

Sep 26, 2010
My first glance was last Wednesday. Usually work in London but worked in lewes for the day, drive past and looked ok but got my mate to stop on the way home, we drive up and parked and I looked threw an opening and could see the east stand and away stand.

It was late and getting dark, there was an eerie silence about the place but could hear the noise it will make, so bizarre.

The Stadium looks better in person than the pictures.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
My first glance was last Wednesday. Usually work in London but worked in lewes for the day, drive past and looked ok but got my mate to stop on the way home, we drive up and parked and I looked threw an opening and could see the east stand and away stand.

It was late and getting dark, there was an eerie silence about the place but could hear the noise it will make, so bizarre.

The Stadium looks better in person than the pictures.

Looked OK!!!!!!!..........LOOKED OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
out of your way? I made a point of seeing it when on holiday from Australia, come on fella....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have probably been going past it 2-3 times a week since it was first started and i still get excited each time - it's almost like the first time :blush: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here