Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best online place for holiday insurance

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Definitely insureandgo, I shopped aorund for hours and they were definitely the cheapest.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
on advice from the old NSc I went to the following
Direct Travel

AKA
Direct Travel Insurance
Shelley House
High Street
Steyning BN44 3RD
Tel: 01903 812345
Fax: 01903 813555

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
tinx said:
Definitely insureandgo, I shopped aorund for hours and they were definitely the cheapest.

My only gripe is that they are affiliated with Lloyd's Of London and I parted that establishment on bad terms.:flameboun

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Vast majority of insurence in this country is underwritten by the names at Lloyds of London.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The cheapest is not always the best make sure to read the value you are covered for and what you are covered for. Costs can go into the hundreds of thousands very quickly if you require serious treatment and need to be flown back to the UK.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I always go on comparethemarket for travel insurance. The platform for putting in your data is very simple, gives you at least 60 providers quotes most instantly, try to go for providers who offer a 4 or 5 star Defaqto rated product (this means your excesses will be much lower if you have to claim). Once you have selected the one you want, click to go through to the insurers own website to complete the deal. And even at this stage, the insurer will offer you the opportunity to change it from a single trip cover t9 an annual policy, for a small amount extra. Just one thing, be clear on pre-existing health conditions, don’t try to cheat it, because in the event of a big claim, they could invalidate your policy for not being honest up front. Declaring existing conditions doesn’t tend to add huge amounts to the cost. Example, I just insured my 21 year old son for a 6 day trip to mainland Europe, 5 star cover with Coversure (an online brand of Axa) with very low excesses, for just £5.75. Good luck.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The cheapest is not always the best make sure to read the value you are covered for and what you are covered for. Costs can go into the hundreds of thousands very quickly if you require serious treatment and need to be flown back to the UK.

How have you dug up a 16 year old thread ?

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Been using Columbus for a number of years - excellent and very efficient when there is an issue. We were caught up in the disruption caused by the volcano, in April 2010, stuck in Orlando for an extra week. Absolutely superb, quick, no quibbling...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here