Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing - general advice

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Broadwater and Tarring for me.Loads of pubs and easy to get into central Worthing for its culture and many lively attractions.Some pubs may still hold a meat bingo on Friday night.Trains leave regularly for Brighton esp from the Central Station.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem with Worthing is The Clifton is closed but for £365k you could buy it but it must remain a pub as apparently it is a listed building and cannot be used for anything else. In the 50s/60s it was the best beer drinking pub in Worthing but time moves on and a succession of poor landlords ruined it. Still if I win the lottery!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The problem with Worthing is The Clifton is closed but for £365k you could buy it but it must remain a pub as apparently it is a listed building and cannot be used for anything else. In the 50s/60s it was the best beer drinking pub in Worthing but time moves on and a succession of poor landlords ruined it. Still if I win the lottery!!!

The problem with Worthing is the clifton? It is in a rough area what do you expect. As a 25 year old, I have survived without going in there and will probably continue to survive without ever going in there should it re-open!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a working class area as I am sure the residents of London St, Anglesey St, Howard St Tarring Road etc would tell you.

As a 25 year old you would have only known it during the succession of bad landlords who couldnt look after or control a pub.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
The problem with Worthing is the clifton? It is in a rough area what do you expect. As a 25 year old, I have survived without going in there and will probably continue to survive without ever going in there should it re-open!

Hardly a rough area,the Clifton has had a bad reputation for years and that will always be the case.

Rough!!!!!! ferk me mate where do you live in a convent, its not rough ya big tart.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Only ever visited the Clifton once during my years in Worthing must be about 11 years ago now. The place was awful, not rough as such just full of chavvy families really. Only popped in as me and a mate were walking into town and it started raining. Avoided the shower but not a pub i ever felt the need to visit a gain. Will not be missed by me.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The Clifton had a reputation as a dump for as long as I can remember.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Was a brilliant pub, probably one of the best in Worthing in 50s and 60s when Nobby and Kit ran it and my mum worked in it. After they retired it gradually went down hill but always remained a favourite with Brighton supporters with many coach full of drinkers following the team around in the 70s and 80s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here