Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimest town/city you've ever visited.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I just must have good taste! I have more than just 'visited' some of the popular nominations on here.
I have LIVED in Rotherham and Oldham postal addresses.
I have WORKED extensively in Luton and still in Hull.
So what about the other places I have lived - Stockport, Blackpool, Wakefield, Levenshulme & Blackley (Mc/r) ? Any votes for these ?
Do you believe that every town has a 'better' area (except the last 2), that is not normally found between the station and the ground?

PS The first 3 years of my life was in Moulsecoomb.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Actually I worked in Luton during the Summer and there are some better areas out of the town centre.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Stoke
Luton
Sao Paulo

In that order

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rochdale is probably the grimmest place I have ever seen in the UK

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Chard

Front.JPG

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
I lived in Redhill for 18 years so i know all about Grim.
I now live in Longsight, Manchester. One of the areas in the 'murder triangle', and thats even classier than Redhill/merstham.
Have to say the worst place ive been to have to be either Bootle or Margate on a febuary morning.
But the grimmest was a suburb of Tallinn in Estonia which made 1980's Beirut look like a holiday in the maldives, Burnt out cars, crumbling tower block, kids throwing concrete from the top of these crumblinb towers onto the burnt out cars. the bus stops where mini-pubs for the local drunks, oh and it had a North Korean restaurant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here