Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hartlepool United vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Thread***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
This is my 4th match thread since the start of the season and we are unbeaten in these matches so long may it continue!!

Will Gus stick with the starting eleven that started the last away league game or will Lua Lua start?

I am predicting a 2 - 1 Albion victory. Bennett and Murray with the goals.

Come on you seagulllssssss!! :albion1:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Is this the officail thread, or the Official match thread?

How I love to moan at the thread titles. It really makes my day.

0-2 to the good guys

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am on the train to York on route.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't get up early enough to start an official match thread.

However, all appears in order and the thread starter has a good track record so I will confidently predict a win for the good guys. Going to be hard won though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Some tasty fixtures if we win today

Posh vs Charlton
Oldham vs Udders
Swindon vs Colly
Carlisle vs Saints.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You call that a title?! Shame on you! You've cursed us all!
Is player working for anyone? I'm getting nothing
Does anyone know somewhere I can listen to this online for free?
Team news?

I didn't do this for the woking game. So those that feel this is getting tired, think about that.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oh and i bet we see Lua Lua today at some point probably in the 2nd half.If not that's 3 weeks without football for him.
Since Pool played on Wednesday night i can see them tiring at the later stages of the game and then Poyet unleashing hell upon them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You call that a title?! Shame on you! You've cursed us all!
Is player working for anyone? I'm getting nothing
Does anyone know somewhere I can listen to this online for free?
Team new?

I didn't do this for the woking game. So those that feel this is getting tired, think about that.

:thumbsup:

BTW if you fancy a chuckle...........this is a small sample of the, somewhat limited, erudition of the monkey hangers' manager

Hartlepool United caretaker boss Mick Wadsworth told BBC Tees:
"Brighton play in a certain way, and we have to counter act that, because they're top of the league and if we don't pay them the respect they deserve being in that position we'll be caught with our trousers down.

"They do play from the back through the midfield, they play a certain way and we have to challenge that way of playing and also impose on them the way we play.

"I've seen them on telly, I've got the reports, and under Gus Poyet they'll play a certain way, he's a Uruguayan guy but he's well versed in English football."

I guess we will probably play in "a certsin way". It's THE GUS POYET'S BRIGHTON WAY!

Last edited:

Greetings everyone from a rainy and overcast Bristol. Work prevents me from attending this one but I confidently predict a good 0-3 win.
However a Murray brace and Lua Lua free kick could open the flood gates to another spectacular win on the road for Gus's high flyers, and a public flogging for the north eastern simian worriers.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip everyone.
:ascarf:

SE4 GULL

Oct 8, 2010
Brockley LONDON SE4
My analysis:

monkeyhangers.jpg

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not confident, not sure why, pitch i'm sure will have been mucked about with during the week to try to stop our passing game, and not the widest of pitches if i remember correctly. They'll be route one and late in challenges if its anything like the Hartlepool i've seen over the past few seasons.

1-1

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
about to set off in a few mins,.

3-0 win today (Murray, Barnes (p) and Bennett)

C'mon you sssssseeeeaaaaaaguuuullllsssss

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As an old timer Albion fan used to being let down by the team, the fact that this will be our best start since 1926 if we win fills me with a feeling that our good run may come to an end today..but I'm going for 1-3

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If that loony dwarf on Sky Sports starts singing "I feel good" I'll be throwing something at the telly.

But I won't have to,will I ?

1 - 0 Barnes (pen)

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
:down: 2-1 to the H'pool.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here