Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How thick are students...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Smashing up Millbank Tower with faces in full display and all over the tele (granted most are the anarchist lot who riot on May Day and don't know what a Uni is). All that money for tuition wasted once the police catch up with them!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like an episode of skins

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Good on them, and all those on the march today. About time we stood up and got counted, before the tories put higher education out of the reach of a whole new generation.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
In my opinion the state needs a bloody nose. Good luck to the students. Agreed they'll be caught quickly but......If we all stood together.

Nah.

Won't happen will it. Too many 1901'ers.

:hilton:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The actions of the few and all that. What a shame.

I went on a anti-fees demo when I was a student and never saw any violence. Maybe part of the difference was the fact that we are now under a Tory government and many students (especially students involved in politics) tend to have an anti-Tory slant.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good on them, and all those on the march today. About time we stood up and got counted, before the tories put higher education out of the reach of a whole new generation.

How does smashing up a office building (Tory HQ but with many other offices in their as well) make their point about tuition fees?

Now got some stupid bint on Sky News actually saying she was on the roof, her parents must be so proud

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They are fighting for a fair allocation of tickets at big away games, you should be grateful to them.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How does smashing up a office building (Tory HQ but with many other offices in their as well) make their point about tuition fees?

Now got some stupid bint on Sky News actually saying she was on the roof, her parents must be so proud

You may not agree with them, but you must admit, they're getting some serious air time.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Agreed just costing more tax money for police overtime and repairs. Doing themselves no favours at all.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The actions of the few and all that. What a shame.

I went on a anti-fees demo when I was a student and never saw any violence. Maybe part of the difference was the fact that we are now under a Tory government and many students (especially students involved in politics) tend to have an anti-Tory slant.

I also marched against the Labour Party's introduction of tuition fees, and their abolition of grants (which was their more heinous crime against eduction for those with limited means in my opinion). It made bugger all difference then... despite the support of that nice lady from Plaid Cymru.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
we are talking about it so sort of worked.

f***ing conservative / Libs

more to come

No it hasn't it was already being debated openly and the protest got peoples attention if any more was needed all the smashing up of the building has done is create a huge amount of negative publicity.

No matter your views on the increase in tuition fees it cannot be right to start smashing in a building

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You may not agree with them, but you must admit, they're getting some serious air time.

And that's why. I'm afraid the media aren't interested in peaceful demos. Get a ruck started and it's all over the place.

Anyway from what I've seen so far, a pretty good demo.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
we are talking about it so sort of worked.

f***ing conservative / Libs

more to come

We should be inclusive in this debate, Labour should share the blame on this one please - don't forget that first degree courses were free to all prior to their election in '97.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The government has asked students to pay three times as much for a quality that is likely to be no better than what they are receiving now and perhaps worse. - NUS President.

It's a shame that building has taken a hammering but when feelings run high tempers flair. Just ask the Police at the G20 demo.

The students have a just cause and are being shat on by a tory government that doesn't give a f*** about them and the unbearable debt many future students will be saddled with.

The rich will be able to afford it, get a good education and get even more money. It's a protest against blatant elitism and the widening of the rich/poor divide.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Such a shame Labour gor voted out, they'd know what to do

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The rich will be able to afford it, get a good education and get even more money. It's a protest against blatant elitism and the widening of the rich/poor divide.

That old chestnut eh?

Out of interest, does anyone have any viable suggestions as to how higher/further education should be paid for? Rather than constant critisism of consecutive governments, what do you think would be the fairest way of paying for it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I believe it's called Democracy, good isn't it ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here