AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 19, 2010
Eric Young seemed pretty handy

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm pretty sure that was his debut. It ended 0-0 but he rattled the crossbar from 25 yards. It was still rattling at the final whistle!! Hardest I've seen in the stripes.

I977 - I remember it well as it was my 21st birthday party that night. And, yes, I think it was his debut.

Clark was tough as nails but could play a bit: he scored a cracking goal against Orient about a month after the Spurs game.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Ian Goodwin....was the original 'tank' I think.Paul Clark,Nobby Horton,Dave Turner,Jimmy Case.
How about Stewart Henderson?Not a dirty player ,but tough with thighs like tree trunks!Sir Norman could also dish it out alongside Dave Turner!
Oh yes,up front.....Alex Dawson.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Paul Clarke makes El Abd look like Paul Brooker. Hans Kraay is up there as well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
martin thomas going in for a tackle with his head was pretty hard

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Keown

imgres

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
The Black Prince, Alex Dawson, if he looked at you, you would shit yourself.

:lolol: Totally agree. I remember one Bank Holiday we played Reading ( i think ) in front of the usual 30,000 ish crowd, when he headed the ball (and keeper attached to it) into the back of the net .
Never heard so many people laughing at one time !!
He looked like a bare knuckle boxer ....centre halves must have had a horrid time against him !

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Nobby Horton
Doug Rougvie
Danny Cullip
Jimmy Case
Keith Dublin

Nov 20, 2003
hove
according to some ex players who I have spoken to Paul Kitson was very hard indeed came from a travellers family and could really bang.Legend has it whilst at WHU Julian Dicks absolutely shat himself as Kitson went about him on training ground .

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm pretty sure that was his debut. It ended 0-0 but he rattled the crossbar from 25 yards. It was still rattling at the final whistle!! Hardest I've seen in the stripes.

I remember walking away from that game rubbing my hands waiting for the first home game he played built like the preverbial brick s**thouse and also a very handy player and I'm sure that shirt he wore on that day was 6 sizes to small

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
no one has mentioned Kev Bremner or Darren Carr.Remember seeing Darren Carr taking care of 3 players in a game once ,when he was at Chesterfield.It was a FA cup game which was on the telly.Animal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here