Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest ever Brighton player.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Perry Digweed played on with a broken willy.
Glenn Wilson would be my shout.Followed by Horton.

I remember the Digweed game. I though there was a very long delay and then he went off? Could be wrong.

Doug Rougvie amongst those I saw. Jimmy Case is a good call. Danny Cullip was a hard man. I don't really remember Paul Clarke although I did see him play. Mickey Thomas was the nastiest (ask Paul Hart).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If it all kicked off the one man you'd want on your side has to be michel kuipers. Being a keeper he never really got to show his hardness in tackles, but his military background and his build means he'd be nails. Plus he did once try to play on when he'd torn the muscle away from his shoulder, that's pretty tough.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Alan Young, big Scottish centre forward signed by Chris Cattlin in 1985, mean mother.

Jimmy Case, saw some Leeds fans give him grief after a match in 1982 at Elland Road as he was walking to the coach, he turned, had a quiet word, gave them the 'stare' and they shat themselves.

Steve Jacobs, a destroyer, remember him scoring at Peterboro in the FA Cup in 85/86 when the match should not have been played. Loads of snow and ice on the pitch, ball flying around all over the place, and he was the ONLY player in short sleeves, a fantastic 2-2 draw.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I'd go with Nobby Lawton, Jimmy Case or Paul Clark all extemely unpleasant people, on a football pitch, but probably very nice to animals and small children.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sammy Morgan

THIS..........Sammy was as hard as nails.........many a call went out from the chicken run "Get his number Sammy", and he always delivered.:hammer:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ian Baird. Getting Darren Moore sent off (along with himself) at the last game of the season was a masterstroke as Moore was head and shoulders the best player on the park (which wasn't that hard to be fair)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Cullip was a hard bastard..... As was Phil Stant.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
There was a player called Paul Moody (I think) who used to play for us. Once scored a header from the halfway line apparently and 'lost his appetite for the game' after an opposition player dies after a clash of heads.

Otherwise from my memories, I'd say Hans Kraay. Absolute nutter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here