Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest ever Brighton player.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nobby Horton for me but Sully could be "tasty " when tackling and Harry Wilson took no prisoners sometimes.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Tony Grealish liked to mix it , i think Case just wins it for me,shant forget that tackle on Wilkins in the 83 final after about 2 minutes , spun him round like a top

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Clarke,Case,Briley,Kraay

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'll go with the original Tank. There was a "buzz of anticipation" in the North Stand when he went to retrieve the ball from someone that had dared to take it from him. :guns:

Des Tennant? Before my time but from what my father said he was one tough cookie. The next Tank, Ian Goodwin, was pretty tasty too.

I'd have to go with Paul Clark though, he was fearsome in the tackle and I'll never forget the time he broke Lil Fucillo's leg, the crack echoing around the Goldstone.

Clark, Goodwin, Kraay and Rougvie for me - but bearing in mind that Tennant should be in there somewhere.

gullty

Oct 24, 2003
Edge of the World
Des Tennant? Before my time but from what my father said he was one tough cookie. The next Tank, Ian Goodwin, was pretty tasty too.

I'd have to go with Paul Clark though, he was fearsome in the tackle and I'll never forget the time he broke Lil Fucillo's leg, the crack echoing around the Goldstone.

Clark, Goodwin, Kraay and Rougvie for me - but bearing in mind that Tennant should be in there somewhere.

or his captain Glen Wilson?

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
I think many of the contributors to this thread never saw Paul Clarke! Definitely the number one!

This.
But also had ability. The goal he scored against Spurs at the Goldstone was unbelievable. Seemed to beat virtually the whole team before slotting home. Maybe they were just too scared to tackle him!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sammy Morgan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here