Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syndicate Rules

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Found this example in the web which may be a good starting point...........

Rules / Terms and Conditions of Membership as at AUGUST 2010!
Club Overview
The Champagne Club was founded in 1988 by current Chairman Steve Fluin and operates to purchase, syndicate and race Greyhounds. The intention is to create a low risk opportunity for individuals to invest in top class greyhounds without having to personally pay high initial and ongoing costs.

Membership
Membership is available to individuals over the age of 18 by purchasing a share in any of the Club’s Greyhounds at the stated price at the time of purchase.

Finances
All monies collected from our members or won in prize money or received from stud fees are held in the Club bank account. Once a Greyhound has been sold or retired the monies left after deducting all costs are divided equally between the shareholders. Joining the Club is for enjoyment purposes and is not intended for financial gain.

Decisions
All decisions relating to the purchase, training, racing and sale of the Club’s Greyhounds will be at the sole discretion of the Chairman and Secretary of the Club.

Members Obligations
Members agree not to disclose racing information to Non Members. Members agree to dress and behave properly at any Club function or event. Failure to do so can lead to termination of Club membership.

Discontinuation
Should the Club be discontinued for whatever reason you will be notified and refunded the appropriate amount based on your share in each greyhound.

General
Your membership is personal to you and you are not entitled to transfer it to a third party. Any disputes will be settled in accordance with English Law.

from http://www.thechampagneclub.com/term...onditions.html

scooter1

How soon is now?
That all seems fairly agreeable.
I'd probably remove the general clause, or perhaps amend it so that if somebody wants to, they can sell their share on at the price paid for it, with the agreement of the syndicate chairperson.
That then enables people to sell on if they wish, but at the same time should stop shares being punted around, willy nilly

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had a bit of a mess around with it...............

Rules / Terms and Conditions of Membership

Club Overview
The NSC Greyhound Syndicate was founded in 2010 and operates to purchase, syndicate and race Greyhounds. The intention is to create a low risk opportunity for individuals to invest in top class greyhounds without having to personally pay high initial and ongoing costs.

Membership
Membership is available to individuals over the age of 18 by purchasing a share in any of the Club’s Greyhounds at the stated price at the time of purchase.

Finances
All monies collected from our members or won in prize money or received from stud fees are held in the Club bank account. Once a Greyhound has been sold or retired the monies left after deducting all costs are divided equally between the shareholders. Joining the Club is for enjoyment purposes and is not intended for financial gain. Members agree to set up a standing order to transfer their ongoing contribution into the Club bank account on the first day of each month.

Decisions
All decisions relating to the purchase, naming and sale of the Club’s Greyhounds will be at a majority decision by the members of the Syndicate. Decisions relating to the training and racing of the Club's Greyhounds will be at the discretion of the Chairman and Secretary.

Members Obligations
Members agree not to disclose racing information to Non Members. Members agree to dress and behave properly at any Club function or event. Failure to do so can lead to termination of Club membership.

Discontinuation
Should the Club be discontinued for whatever reason you will be notified and refunded the appropriate amount based on your share in each greyhound.

General
Your membership is personal to you and you are not entitled to transfer it to a third party without express permission of the other members. Any disputes will be settled in accordance with English Law.

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
All seems about right to me.

One addition though.... i think we need to put in what happens if a member wants 'out' of the syndicate.

In this case i would suggest that said member can try to sell their share for whatever they can get for it. Also there maybe provision for the syndicate to buy the share? but this would ultimately mean cutting down the numbers and defeating the object.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's certainly something that needs thought.

If you look at it like a Limited Company, once the initial members buy their shares at par (ie £100 each share) and the Company commences to trade the cost for future members to buy shares could be higher and usually based on the assets/liabilities and new shares are purchased at par + a premium.

The whole idea is to have fun with all "profits" if they happen ploughed back in with the possibility of more dogs BUT it should also be considered that if we are really lucky and get a real winner it could in theory make good money in the future so if new members join a year down the line they would share in this good luck and dilute it for the initial members.

Therefore should there be a maximum fixed number of shares and once that level is met people can only join when an existing member sells their share at a value agreed between them.

Just a few thoughts that we should really get agreement on at the start to avoid possible problems in the future.

Once its all started, I guess as well as all signing the rules each member should have a share certificate.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
It's certainly something that needs thought.

If you look at it like a Limited Company, once the initial members buy their shares at par (ie £100 each share) and the Company commences to trade the cost for future members to buy shares could be higher and usually based on the assets/liabilities and new shares are purchased at par + a premium.

The whole idea is to have fun with all "profits" if they happen ploughed back in with the possibility of more dogs BUT it should also be considered that if we are really lucky and get a real winner it could in theory make good money in the future so if new members join a year down the line they would share in this good luck and dilute it for the initial members.

Therefore should there be a maximum fixed number of shares and once that level is met people can only join when an existing member sells their share at a value agreed between them.

Just a few thoughts that we should really get agreement on at the start to avoid possible problems in the future.

Once its all started, I guess as well as all signing the rules each member should have a share certificate.

I agree pretty much with what you have said and I think the fixed amount of shares will be decided once the deadline date arrives.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

This is an excellent idea. We need to agree a set of rules and then perhaps print them on the back of the certificate (or half certficate).

There also needs to be a rule to help the syndicate recover a share if, for example, a member disappears and just stops paying their monthly £20.

Maybe;

NON PAYMENT OF MONTHLY FEE
If a member is having difficulty paying a monthly sub, they can ask for a deferrment by posting on the Greyhound forum. That deferment can be granted by a majority of members posting in favour.
This is meant to recognise that from time to time people might have a problem and normally the rest of the group will recognise this, but it will possibly prevent regular deferments and non payment.

If a member of the syndicate fails to pay their monthly fees and gets into arrears by three months they will be deemed to have given up their share and it will pass to the first person the syndicate identifies as wanting it from a waiting list or by auction.
This whole thing is supposed to be just for a laugh and we don't want it to get all difficult and heavy, but we do need some to have some sort of sanction available.

SYNDICATE FOLDS
We could also do with something covering if we decide to pack it in, perhaps along the lines of the old Albion articles of association that the **** Archer took out of the football club;
....if the syndicate folds the balance in the account would be distributed to Charity / Albion supporters club / Albion in the community or whatever.

SYNDICATE IN TROUBLE
And we need to cover the possibility of us owing more than we have in the bank. Nightmare scenario, but some huge vets bill = more than the balance. Unlikely with £200 coming in every month maybe, but what if its not?

Oh and I want Bozza to come up with a NSC Greyhound Smillie - but I don't suppose we can put this is the rules :lolol:

Plenty to get sorted before we are really up and running

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
This is an excellent idea. We need to agree a set of rules and then perhaps print them on the back of the certificate (or half certficate).

There also needs to be a rule to help the syndicate recover a share if, for example, a member disappears and just stops paying their monthly £20.

Maybe;

NON PAYMENT OF MONTHLY FEE
If a member is having difficulty paying a monthly sub, they can ask for a deferrment by posting on the Greyhound forum. That deferment can be granted by a majority of members posting in favour.
This is meant to recognise that from time to time people might have a problem and normally the rest of the group will recognise this, but it will possibly prevent regular deferments and non payment.

If a member of the syndicate fails to pay their monthly fees and gets into arrears by three months they will be deemed to have given up their share and it will pass to the first person the syndicate identifies as wanting it from a waiting list or by auction.
This whole thing is supposed to be just for a laugh and we don't want it to get all difficult and heavy, but we do need some to have some sort of sanction available.

SYNDICATE FOLDS
We could also do with something covering if we decide to pack it in, perhaps along the lines of the old Albion articles of association that the **** Archer took out of the football club;
....if the syndicate folds the balance in the account would be distributed to Charity / Albion supporters club / Albion in the community or whatever.

SYNDICATE IN TROUBLE
And we need to cover the possibility of us owing more than we have in the bank. Nightmare scenario, but some huge vets bill = more than the balance. Unlikely with £200 coming in every month maybe, but what if its not?

Oh and I want Bozza to come up with a NSC Greyhound Smillie - but I don't suppose we can put this is the rules :lolol:

Plenty to get sorted before we are really up and running

All sounds logical to me!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
All shareholders should by now have received a copy of draft 2 of the rules in their email inbox

EXCEPT
SAFEWAY who is in the internet wilderness of Hove seafront and
ARFURW8 coz I ain't got your email address yet my old son!

Can you cast an eye over it and post on here any amendments or anything you think.

We don't want to drag out this boring stuff, but I reckon its worth getting it right - then we can get on with racing the first of our champion string of dogs!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Looks all ok to me, sorry I should have let you have the 1st draft as a word document as well as a pdf so you didn't have to re-type it all.

Just one minor spelling change - sundry not sundrie

Well done to all those who have got things going, it should be fun :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Looks all ok to me, sorry I should have let you have the 1st draft as a word document as well as a pdf so you didn't have to re-type it all.

Just one minor spelling change - sundry not sundrie

Well done to all those who have got things going, it should be fun :thumbsup:

No problem retyping.
Re Sundries - I think I am too focussed on the 3rd Test later this week
Amended - Thanks

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh, and following on from the other thread I think you should add a bit about the Chairman have a casting vote should votes be equal - if that's what everybody agrees - something like

"if a majority desicion cannot be reach the Chairman will have the casting vote"

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Final version of the rules emailed to all members today (except Safeway coz I ain't got your emailaddress) :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
FOUR members signed up and returned signed copies. THANKS :thumbsup:
TWO members sent SAE. Printed copies on the way to you. :thumbsup:
ONE member still outstanding January subs ???

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Nigel,
Can you confirm you received my signed PDF, and this is ok?
Cheers

Alex, sorry mate I don't remember seeing it. I haven't got it now. Can you send again - or post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here