Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Inbetweeners Series 4 Confirmed

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
After the delight and fantastic result today, I can't see it mentioned on here but it has been confirmed that there will be a 4th series of the Inbetweeners.

Looks like they've had a change of heart.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Don't know you can call 2 specials a Series to be honest!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It seems to be 2 series for each school yr so this doesn't suprose me.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Don't know you can call 2 specials a Series to be honest!

This. The new 'series' hasnt been confirmed, and I hope they just let it be as series 3 wasn't brilliant.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
What is the point? I think when it first started it was funny but now this latest series was cringeworthy and predictable at best. Everyone has jumped on the bandwagon but in my opinon it has run its course.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
why do people always think that the shorter a programme is on for, the better it automatically gets?

it does make me laugh all this. the americans dont have this problem or attitude. they just keep making programmes people enjoy. british snobbery and received wisdom states otherwise, without anyone ever bothering to find out minor details like the writing processes, the other career demands on the cast etc etc. i despair reading some of the parrot fashion stuff trotted out. its just nonsense.

its like listening to people comparing episodes week on week, as if they write one, film it, then write another, film it, in the timescale you are watching it. then you get them discussing how its going downhill in that purely arbitary timescale. absolutely mental.

*insert curly whirly cookoo smiley here*

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They've confirmed a film on a lads' holiday and 2 specials after that to wrap up the story.

sounds better than a whole series, its already a little tired.

why do people always think that the shorter a programme is on for, the better it automatically gets?

it does make me laugh all this. the americans dont have this problem or attitude. they just keep making programmes people enjoy. british snobbery and received wisdom states otherwise, without anyone ever bothering to find out minor details like the writing processes, the other career demands on the cast etc etc. i despair reading some of the parrot fashion stuff trotted out. its just nonsense.

not sure its automatic or snobbery, just that most sitcoms run out of ideas and material after a couple of series (some dont make it that far). like a bands tricky 3rd album. the evidence from american series shows how it can go so wrong, with later series little to do with the original characters, and more and more outlandish plots dreamt up and laughs dependant on catchphrases. that might make for entertaining TV, but it probably means the "brilliance" of the first is lost. we saw with Inbetweeners last series how some episodes were basically geared around one big laugh.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
just that most sitcoms run out of ideas and material after a couple of series (some dont make it that far). like a bands tricky 3rd album. .

again, sweeping statements and myths held up as indisputable fact beorhthelm.

i am not denying that sitcoms cannot necessarily go on indefinitely being as fresh and original as when they first aired, that is equally as nonsensical. i am arguing that a lot of comments on 'oh its tired' and 'they have run out of ideas' are nothing more than recieved wisdom and generalisations. dont fall into that trap yourself.

how do you know they have run out of ideas? they have made a film and there are two other shows in the pipeline. that does not suggest that mid way through series two they looked at each other and say 'i cant think of anything else lets just cobble together some old crap and hope for the best'.

does your logic suggest that they will continue this downward trajectory until ultimately an inbetweeners episode will simply be jay going clunge over and over again for 30 minutes?

my point is its the perception of the writing process that is so warped in the publics mind, like things are happening in their real time. if you cannot see where i am coming from with this then its going to be hard work reading this thread any more.

Sep 1, 2010
getyou.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
again, sweeping statements and myths held up as indisputable fact beorhthelm.

yes, sweeping statements and no facts, i didnt claim any. just opinion and suggestion we've seen it happen before. i laughed for half an hour each episode series one, series three i'm not sure every episode had a really good laugh. i was enjoying Him and Her more, on afterwards.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Inbetweeners Series 4 ? ??? Are they paying homage to the Harry Potter films ? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here