Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2011 Career Thread

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
First game of the season is away to Dagenham and Redbrdige which is a nice start as they're one of the weaker sides in the division and I'm still building my team blend and getting the players used to the new tactic. Ashley Barnes plays in Matt Sparrow who gets a debut goal! Bennett comes off the bench to poke in the second from a Calderon cross with 15 minutes to go. 2-0 win.

Then Hereford away in the league cup and I win 3-0 thanks to a Bennett penalty and strikes from Sandaza and Holroyd. However, amazingly, Bennett missed 3 additional penalties in this game! :ohmy:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He's a one in four (penalties) man :lol:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Turkey, I know this is a really vague question, and I don't expect a detailed answer. But from someone who doesn't play FM. What % of results is luck/random, what % is based on what you do (formations, tactics, passing style, mentality, training, etc.), and what % is based on having players with the highest stats?

:shrug:

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Nice easy start to the season for me:

P'boro H
Charlton A

:thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
DEAR ME. Just won League One with the Albion with nine games to go - and the JPT, made the fourth round of the FA Cup. Have decided I'm going to start a new game now and f*** this one off..

Overview.png

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why are you starting again? I don't get it :shrug:

That was carried over from the quickstart - I want to do a full game now with different leagues... I aim to take the mighty Eastbourne Borough to Champions League glory :thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Turkey, I know this is a really vague question, and I don't expect a detailed answer. But from someone who doesn't play FM. What % of results is luck/random, what % is based on what you do (formations, tactics, passing style, mentality, training, etc.), and what % is based on having players with the highest stats?

:shrug:

Well it's impossible to give answers as percentages as it doesn't work like that.

I'm not really sure how to answer your question; everything is taken into account, morale is important, if a player is on a high, he's likely to play better. Tactics are important and of course a players ability is important.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
DEAR ME. Just won League One with the Albion with nine games to go - and the JPT, made the fourth round of the FA Cup. Have decided I'm going to start a new game now and f*** this one off..

Overview.png

Take us to the Prem!

I don't know how you do it to be honest, you're better than me and I bloody work on the game! :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A lot of patience and playing each game very slowly... I deleted the save game - basically, I don't want to *do* the game too quickly. Last time I was bored by mid-December. I''ve started a new one with the mighty Eastbourne! :D

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm planning on doing a ten year career spending a maximum of two seasons at each club. Starting off at a random club in Bulgaria, Ukraine or somewhere like that & see if i can get a job at a top club

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Eh, you guys are tempting me to buy this but I know I'll play it solidly for a week get frustrated and stop playing :/ .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here