Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2011 Career Thread

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's that time again folks! After the success of last year's thread it's time to see what we can do in 2011 - starting right now in the demo..

OPTIONS:

Player masking enabled with real players on England quickstart

Starting as :albion1::albion1::albion1: again and set as "Automatic" on past experience.

PRESEASON:

Doncaster (H) 1-1
Sevenoaks (A) 4-0
Rotherham (A) 3-0
Glenavon (A) 7-1
Ipswich (H) 0-0

Used these to get my entire squad fit, use trialists and mess with what tactics I was going to use - and hope that key players find form - luckily this happened in the Glenavon game. Some thoughts; the refs are still VERY card-happy in pre-season (where hardly anyone gets booked ever) which is a little frustrating, as a precaution I always take a player off who has been booked or got any kind of a knock at any point in the game.

Big improvement on last year I think demo-wise, not as many glaring bugs but these are the main ones;

Choosing a parent club twice in a row - wait a few days and then they'll reply twice and you won't be able to progress without going "on holiday" for a day.

Stupid amount of own goals and penalties - which is at least better than last year where two/three players got injured a WEEK

TRANSFERS

BrightonandHoveAlbionTransfers_History.png

All the players who were released were the results of transfer listing them, offering them to anybody for free and then them getting upset. Unwavering in my hard line approach :)lolol:) they agreed to then leave with no termination fee in order to 'further their career'. Really, Gary Hart? I ask you. He's happy to leave for nothing as all that was stopping him from his dream move to Real Madrid was his one year deal with Brighton? Riiiight. All the loan deals are 6 month deals with 100% of wages paid by them.

Omar Korona and Sam Sodje were signed after trials and other trialists Davide Somma, Pele and Jay DeMerit came and went.

Strongest Team:

I started my first game like this:

BrightonandHoveAlbionBrighton_Tactics.png

A modification of my FM2009 home tactic, but I frequently change it if getting outplayed. This was the outcome;

BrightonvYeovilInformation_Overview.png

Muzza won the game for us with two second half goals after we went down to ten men and I changed to a defensive 4-4-1 with Murray on his own.

Will update again at the end of the demo. It's fun playing without knowing who all the best players to buy are, having to experiment with trialists etc. Haven't spent anything yet either!

Would love to see how everyone else gets on?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Your first picture didnt come out. Interested to see your tactic as although I do well I can never get the wings going.

Have only done one friendly so far so will update tomorrow

DaveSnatcher

'The Snatcher'
Oct 22, 2010
Watford
COME ON ALBION COME ON ALBION IM GONNA SING YOU A SONG

In the town where I was born,
Lived a man who sailed to sea,
And he told us of his life,
In the land of submarines,

So we sailed on to the sun,
Till we found the sea green,
And we lived beneath the waves,
In our yellow submarine,

We all live in yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine,
yellow submarine, yellow submarine.

And our friends are all aboard,
Many more of them live next door,
And the band begins to play.

(Trumpets play)

(Full speed ahead, Mr. Barkley, full speed ahead!
Full speed over here, sir!
All together! All together!
Aye, aye, sir, fire!
Captain! Captain!)

As we live a life of ease(life of ease)
Every one of us(every one of us) has all we need,(has all we need)
Sky of blue,(sky of blue) and sea green,(sea of green)
In our yellow(In our yellow) submarine.(submarine) ( Haha! )

(fading)

Pat_Albion

Nov 10, 2007
BN41
how do you revert it back to the old style arrows?

so far:
In:
Francis Jeffers (free)
Jay DeMerit (free)
Davide Somma (150k Leeds)
Emmanuel Frimpong (loan Arsenal)
Josh McEachran (loan Chelsea)

Out:
Andy Whing (loan Burton albion)

Played 1 league game -
3-1 home victory over yeovil

:rave:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right then.... my game will laast the full two weeks so it'll be abit sdlow but....

Started by overhauling the whole backroom staff except Taricco. On the transefer front I did the following:

IN
Rhys Murphy - season loan - only to get a broken foot in first friendly and now out for 6 months!!!

Davide Somma 150k
Yaser Kasim - free
Jay De merit - free
Fabien Brandy - free
Yassin Moutaoukil - free
Matthew Briggs - season loan

OUT
Hart - free to Adamsland
Whing - 6 month loan to Burton

Friendlies were:
BHA ressies - 4 -1 but Caskey played a blinder for the ressies
Telford - 3-0
Doncaster - 2-2
Spurs Ressies - 3-1
Rotherham 3-4 but half the team were youth and ressies
Gelnavon - 8-1
Ipswich - 2-0
Bognor - 5-0

Brandy and Murray were the outstanding players during this time and pOke really challenged Ankergren.

Although it wasnt my best team I went with form players for the first game.... remembering there was no Murphy, Dunk or Kish (8 weeks out after the first friendly). So,

Starting: Casper, Calde, Marcus, Greer, Elf, Bridcutt, Spazzer, Dicker, Brandy, Muzza, Barney

Bench: Jay, Yasser, Matty, Nav, Benno, Fran.... the last was a toss up between Baz and Kazenga with Somma serving a 3-match ban.... but gave it to Baz as I dont play wingers

and

RESULT BHA 4 - Yeovil 1 - Murray, Barnes (2) and Fran off the bench. Muzza was absolutely stunning

Onwards and upwards... Millwall away next in the cup.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I'm using the vanilla demo to smash out half a season as brighton to see how it goes, brought in Le Fondre (slated by the fans) and Szecsecezcesny from Arsenal.
Already got Poke hating me, but won first game of the season.

on the full game will prob start as either Hertha Berlin or an italian team, from there my career normally ends up in england anyway, so will post screenies for that methinks.

Anybody noticed the link to twitter account in manager setup? how does that work?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm just doing a game as manyoo on the vanilla demo - I always save my albion career for the full game.

For some reason I've taken to watching each match in it's entirety in 3d. Not really sure why as it's quite time consuming.

I haven't bought anyone, I want to see how the initial squad does. so far I won the Community Shield 3-0 against Chelsea (Ashley Cole got sent off when I was 1-0 up and from then on I just dominated posession), and lost the opening league game 1-0 to Arsenal. That's all I've managed so far; like I say, full matches are time consuming

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
First off, I have to say that I'm loving this demo. I've only been playing since yesterday afternoon and it already seems to be streets ahead of last year's version. Having started my career with the Albion (of course), here's how things stand:

PLAYERS IN:

Wojciech Szczesny (Arsenal - 2 Month Loan)

PLAYERS OUT:

None

RESULTS:

Brighton Reserves (Friendly) - W 2-0
AFC Telford (Friendly) - W 2-0
Doncaster Rovers (Friendly) - W 1-0
Tottenham Reserves (Friendly) - W 2-1
Glenavon (Friendly) - W 2-1
Bognor Regis (Friendly) - W 6-0

Yeovil (League 1) - W 3-0 (Sandaza 2, Sparrow)
Colchester Utd (Carling Cup R1) - W 2-0 (Sandaza, Lua Lua)

STARTING ELEVEN:

GK: Wojciech Szczesny
DR: Inigo Calderon
DL: Marcos Painter
DC: Gordon Greer
DC: Tommy Elphick
MC: Matt Sparrow
MC: Gary Dicker
AMR: Elliott Bennett
AML: Kazenga Lua Lua
ST: Glenn Murray
ST: Francisco Sandaza

All in all a pretty good start. Sandaza is absolutely flying and the team in general is playing well. Palace came in with a 135k bid for Bennett, and were immediately told to sod off.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
DATE:

02/01/2011 (End of demo)

LEAGUE:

npowerLeague1Information_LeagueTable.png

CUP COMPETITIONS:

League Cup First Round:
Millwall (A) 2-0

League Cup Second Round:
Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2 AET

Johnstone's Paint Trophy S Second Round:
Yeovil (A) 2-1

Johnstone's Paint Trophy S Quarter Final:
Stevenage Borough (H) 2-0

Johnstone's Paint Trophy S Semi Final:
Colchester (H) 3-0

Johnstone's Paint Trophy S Final:
Plymouth Argyle

FA Cup First Round:
Charlton Athletic (H) 3-2

FA Cup Second Round:
Bradford (A) 2-0

FA Cup Third Round:
Norwich (H)

TRANSFERS

IN:

Yassir Moutaouakil - Unattached
Craig Eastmond - Arsenal (Season long loan)
Magnus Eikrem - Man Utd (Season long loan)
Sam Sodje - Unattached
Matthew Briggs - Fulham (Season long loan)
Omar Koroma - Unattached
Gael Nlundula - Unattached
Benedict Akwuegbu - Unattached
Ismael Fofana - Unattached
Botond Antal - Unattached
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Arsenal (Three month loan)

OUT:

Grant Hall - Released
Gary Hart - Released
Augustin Battipiedi - Cheltenham (Six month loan)
Andy Whing - Burton (Six month loan)
Steve Cook - Forest Green (Six month loan)
Torbjorn Agdestein - Rushden (Six month loan)
Chris Holroyd - Released (Mutual agreement)
Gary Dicker - Dag & Red (£35k/12m + 10% of profit of next sale)
Cristian Baz - Barnet (Six month loan)
Tom Vickers - Released
Leon Redwood - Released
Jamie Strong - Released
Ryan Simmonds - Released (Mutual agreement)
Jack Makin - Released
Jake MacFarlane - Released
Jack Shonk - Released
Conor Hider - Released
Tom Godfrey - Released
Josh James - Released
George Hayward - Released
Calum Sheriff - Released
Dan Bolwell - Released
Jordan Woodley - Released
Connor Wilkins - Released
George Barker - Released

TRIALS:

BrightonandHoveAlbionTransfers_History-1.png

LAST STARTING XI:

BrightonandHoveAlbionBrighton_Tactics-1.png

MORE SCREENSHOTS:

Overview:

BrightonandHoveAlbionBrighton_Fixtures.png

BrightonandHoveAlbionBrighton_Fixtures-2.png

BrightonandHoveAlbionBrighton_Players.png

Worst performance:

BrightonvHuddersfieldInformation_Overview.png

Best performance:

MKDonsvBrightonInformation_Overview.png

THOUGHTS:

Easiest one so far, even without 'looking up' any players to buy etc. In my opinion the 'Reports' tab makes the game ridiculously easy still. If you want to succeed, fiddle with tactics with an amazing club until you find one that works and only buy players listed as 'Leading stars' in your league or higher and you can't help but win. Unbeaten in 16 now at the end of the demo..

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
You are very good at FM mate. I'm struggling down in 17th in my game. I like to stick with the original squad to begin with though as I enjoying managing our current crop of players rather than getting in new ones.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You are very good at FM mate. I'm struggling down in 17th in my game. I like to stick with the original squad to begin with though as I enjoying managing our current crop of players rather than getting in new ones.

Thanks mate - good luck with your save. Post screens? :albion1:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My Brighton team, 3rd in League 1, 7points from top!!!.....BUT.... Im in the quarter finals on the carling cup having just beat Liverpool at Anfield on pens after a 3-3 game!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
WellI said I'd be a bit slow. Four league games into the season and were 3rd with a game in hand.

Results:

Millwall 3-4 in Lc1 = this was a bugger as had a goal disallowed and they scored in injury time - Sandaza(2) and Brendy for us... Harris got all four for them

Nootts co away 4-2 Murray (2), Sandaza and an own goal
Oldham home 2-0 Bennett (gettign used to CM role) with what was goal of the month free kick, and Muzza. However after this game Brendy was injured in training and joins Rhys Murphy on the long term injury list. After this I brought Oliver Nicholas and Ali Fuseini in on frees. I think I am about to drop a bombshell and send Kazenga back as he is not adapting.
Bournemouth away 1-1 we were pretty awful and Somma came off the bench and scored in injury time

Team for BR away:Casper, Moutauakil (calde off form), demerit, greer, marcus, bridcutt, dicker, bennett, somma, murray, barnes
bench: elf,calde, briggs, nav, fuseini, baz, sandaza

Kish is almost match fit thank god. Spaz has lost form alarmingly and dicker and casper are in danger

How do I post the pics?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
WellI said I'd be a bit slow. Four league games into the season and were 3rd with a game in hand.

Results:

Millwall 3-4 in Lc1 = this was a bugger as had a goal disallowed and they scored in injury time - Sandaza(2) and Brendy for us... Harris got all four for them

Nootts co away 4-2 Murray (2), Sandaza and an own goal
Oldham home 2-0 Bennett (gettign used to CM role) with what was goal of the month free kick, and Muzza. However after this game Brendy was injured in training and joins Rhys Murphy on the long term injury list. After this I brought Oliver Nicholas and Ali Fuseini in on frees. I think I am about to drop a bombshell and send Kazenga back as he is not adapting.
Bournemouth away 1-1 we were pretty awful and Somma came off the bench and scored in injury time

Team for BR away:Casper, Moutauakil (calde off form), demerit, greer, marcus, bridcutt, dicker, bennett, somma, murray, barnes
bench: elf,calde, briggs, nav, fuseini, baz, sandaza

Kish is almost match fit thank god. Spaz has lost form alarmingly and dicker and casper are in danger

How do I post the pics?

Alt + F9 takes a snapshot of the game, this is then saved in Documents --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2011 Demo --> Screenshots - then upload to Photobucket or elsewhere and post the link here! :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Managed to get a couple of hours in this evening and have been brought down to earth with a bit of a bump....

Bristol Rovers away 4-2 excellent performance after a shaky start. Hat-trick from Muzza and one from Barnes

Daggers home 2-0 shouldve been a lot more... Muza got two more

Aints (2nd at time) away 1-6... yes you read that right. Conceded two early sloppy goals but were egttinjg back into the game at 2-1 when I took off Greer whow as 5.8... two minutes later Elf was carried out on a stretcher. With Briggs also havign a mar it just got worse and worse... had a very good Baz goal dissallowed though.

Huddersfield home (1st at time) 2-1 Great return to form and v good performance. Goals for Bridcutt ands Somma but had Moutakil sent off late on. With Calsde in such awful form this was ominous...

Peterboro (2nd at time) 2-4 This was a real dissapointment 1-0 up for most of the game.. gave away two very late goals (88 and 93). Brezovan to blame for 3 and Greer had another mare... Somma scored twice

Hartlepool away 3-1 again a good recovery with Muzza scoring two and one from Baz, who then got stretchered off and will be out for 8 weeks. two red cards... one for Demerit. Moytakil got another yellow an dwill be suspended

Next the JPT but likely team for next league game will be:

POke, Kish or Calde, Dunk, El Abd, Briggs, Bridcutt, Bati, Dicker or Benno, Somma, Murray, Barnes

I am the tinkerman!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here