Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2011

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Anybody else really looking forward to this game with the demo being available from tomorrow if you go through the Mirror website, that's me sorted until the game actually gets released!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Surprised there hasn't been a thread about this already! I am a FM God (because it's stupidly easy)

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I'm looking to buy a laptop that will play the game fast and with a good amount of leagues e.t.c. Won't really play any other games on it though. Any suggestions for under £400?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm looking forward to the PSP version.

I know someone working on FM, quite well known on here actually, and he says FM2011 is the cats whiskers. :albion1:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I'm looking to buy a laptop that will play the game fast and with a good amount of leagues e.t.c. Won't really play any other games on it though. Any suggestions for under £400?

I got an HP g62 recently. Most of the big retailers seem to have them on offer & one point or another for £399.99

Should comfortably run FM11 plus you can get it in a range of colours. Mine's blue

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Cant wait!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm looking forward to the PSP version.

I know someone working on FM, quite well known on here actually, and he says FM2011 is the cats whiskers. :albion1:

I should bloody hope you DO know him :lolol:

not got into FM since FM06 I think, tried FM10 but it lastest a few days, might give this one a go if i'm bored

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
From Play.com

Football Manager 2011 will be more polished than ever this year, and Sports Interactive will again set a new standard for the genre by adding a host of new features. For the first time ever, aspiring managers can now negotiate contracts with players in real time. And by working with a multitude of real-life football agents, Sports Interactive gained an insight as to how these negotiations can be made as realistic as possible in-game. Prepare to meet different types of agents in your contract talks; each with their own personality so will therefore need a different approach.

With the implementation of the most intuitive training system in the series history, there is a new "match preparation" area of training so that managers can give their team specific areas to focus on in the lead up to a match. There are also more basic training schedules for players, and 14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players
on.

Interaction with players, staff and the board have gone to a whole new level, with a host of new boardroom and backroom requests, a new player interaction module that allows the manager to have private conversations with players, as well as public conversations regarding players at other clubs.

Two years after the launch of the 3D Match Engine, players will see a number of improvements implemented for this year's release. With over 100 new animations added, as well as more player emotions, new player models, new stadiums, pitch textures, improved lighting, floodlit night matches, more goal celebrations and lots of other extras which improve what was already the best match simulation on the market.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I can't wait to tell agents they're money grabbing leeches & to f*** off out my office!

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
available tomorrow on Steam.....

Football Manager 2011 is out soon, dooming many of us to dozens of hours of horribly addictive management action. If you really, really can't wait, then you'll be glad to know there's a demo coming to Steam on Thursday.

The demo will come in two flavours. The 'strawberry' version, as Sports Interactive are calling it, will feature 12 playable leagues including England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina and Chile. The smaller, 'vanilla' version will contain the English and Scottish leagues.

The strawberry demo will hit Steam on Thursday, with both the strawberry and vanilla versions becoming available for direct download from the Sports Interactive and Football Manager sites on Friday.

For more information on what's new in the latest edition of the huge management sim, check out our preview and our interview with Sports Interactive's studio director, Miles Jacobson. Football Manager 2011 is slated for release on November 5th.

Also some some stuff about new features on Mirror site.......

Exclusive Football Manager 2011 blog with Miles Jacobson day 16: introducing the new agents youll be negotiating with if you want to sign a player - Football Manager 2011 - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here