Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton is going to be CRAP

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm frankly delighted that people are coming back into the fold. I started to hate the whole 'OOhhh look at me I'm in the Dick Knight Club and he tells me everything'.

Its about time we started looking like a proper football club that is moving forward. So yes WW - I love the fact that people are starting to take an interest in The Albion after all these years.

Don't get me wrong, I am too. If the club is going to go anywhere it needs new fans.

But not when they start BOOING the team for passing the ball around the defence, and turn up EXPECTING us to muller teams.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Don't get me wrong, I am too. If the club is going to go anywhere it needs new fans.

But not when they start BOOING the team for passing the ball around the defence, and turn up EXPECTING us to muller teams.

Not arguing with that WW. That's a different point - the booing is certinaly something that makes me feel very sad. After years of watching people hoof it up the channel (a la Adams second reign) is desperate compared to what Poyet is bringing to the team.

Golly - I've agreed with you!!!

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
I hope these cocks and knobs that are paying alot of money travelling to london and spending their whole saturday travelling to watch the albion piss off, they are not loyal supporters, because they go to every home game and leave 2 mins into injury time most games aswell. The fact that 90% of these people are probably born and raised in brighton doesnt mean anytihng, in fact im going to write to Martin parry to see if he down size falmer as i think that only people who arrive at 2pm stay till 6pm for every game of the season do not deserve to go to games. Also how dare they pay good money and have the nerve to moan when we arent playing to the best of our ability. And finally please lets sack this clown of a manager, and bring back Mcgee.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I hope these cocks and knobs that are paying alot of money travelling to london and spending their whole saturday travelling to watch the albion piss off, they are not loyal supporters, because they go to every home game and leave 2 mins into injury time most games aswell. The fact that 90% of these people are probably born and raised in brighton doesnt mean anytihng, in fact im going to write to Martin parry to see if he down size falmer as i think that only people who arrive at 2pm stay till 6pm for every game of the season do not deserve to go to games. Also how dare they pay good money and have the nerve to moan when we arent playing to the best of our ability. And finally please lets sack this clown of a manager, and bring back Mcgee.

sarcasm is lost on here!!!

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 26, 2009
East
If you make the effort of adding someone to your ignore list, why bother opening their thread and replying?!

He needs him like we all need Palace - great to hate, but we'd miss him in a perverse way if he ever disappeared for good! :lol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Gosh..........so it's the NEW fans boing the team then...?

How do you gather all this information...? Are they being tattooed with 'New Fan' on their foreheads as they enter the ground.....? You really are amazing, with your wealth of information and facts....!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Tell you what WW, I am glad you go to every game to constantly moan about how shit Ashley Barnes is. That really adds to the atmosphere at away games.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gosh..........so it's the NEW fans boing the team then...?

How do you gather all this information...? Are they being tattooed with 'New Fan' on their foreheads as they enter the ground.....? You really are amazing, with your wealth of information and facts....!

Hadn't heard any booing until they all turned up at Withdean last weekend now we're top, having last been seen hounding McGhee out in the Championship.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some fair(ish) points but overly negative as per.

Also, just can't agree with you on point 7.

Last game at Villa Park?
Last game at St. Mary's?
Last game at Elland Road?
Last game at The Valley?

All 4 games under Poyet we have played in "bigger" grounds we have played well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Say what you like about WW but I bet he'll be attending falmer matches if we drop into league 2 at the Amex one day! Rather have WW anyday over a country casuals dad with bodens kids in tow who only want to see us play sky teams! Because he's loyal come all weathers so rather we had 20k WW's at Amex (though we may need to come up with some ideas to address the negativity!!)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Here's why (possibly):
2) Knobs. The South Stand was full last week for the first time this season, and all the utter knobs who only go to games when we're top of the league started booing triangles between the defence. Many of these will be the same people at the Valley tomorrow.

4) Atmosphere. It will be shit. For once the regular away gamers will be outnumbered by the above goons. These will be the same people who will be on NSC tomorrow night saying the atmosphere was a bit of a let down in the end. They don't usually go away, so go to the game expecting to be "wowed" by the atmosphere. However, the only songs they sing will be drivel, and nobody will join in (see above).

5) Sit where you want. Again, the non-regular away gamers will be in attendance, and won't understand the concept of sit where you want. Expect to be made to "sit" in your seat - because the dullard behind you doesn't want to stand up and certainly doesn't want to move anywhere else.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm not particularly confident to be honest. Hopefully the team will make up for the utter plebs who'll be filling the crowd.

Ah ok, one of those,....only those who go to all the away games are entitled to be called true supporters,..... good luck with that at Falmer then,.... with only a few hundred knocking about in that big stadium.

Get real dickhead,..... I pick and choose these days, and wont go to withdean anymore, so call me a plastic fan if you want, but 76 away grounds with Albion says otherwise................................

Those extras that go today to Charlton are amongst the ones we hook into our future supporter base,....... :albion1:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Hadn't heard any booing until they all turned up at Withdean last weekend now we're top, having last been seen hounding McGhee out in the Championship.

Well four of those booing last week have been season ticket holders since day 1 at withdean, in fact most of those around me who voiced their displeasure are regular season ticket holders so your arguement a tad flawed.
Personally I find your whinging on here as pathetic as the whingers at withdean. As someone said earlier, the Albion isn't your own personal toy, where's yourself respect.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Buzzing:rave: have a good one people,watch out for all those horrible Millwall,Palace,Tottenham,Birmingham,Norwich,Walsall,Hartlepool,Luton and NEWPORT fans going through LDN today:lolol:

East Croydon and London Bridge are going to be carnage............. at least it used to be back in the bad old days when fixtures work out like this..........:rave::rave::rave::US::drink:punish::guns:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Here's why (possibly):

1) Glenn Murray. The Charlton boss has highlighted his arial threat as our major strength. This means their defence will spend the entire game kicking lumps out of him, spoiling the game as a spectacle.

2) Knobs. The South Stand was full last week for the first time this season, and all the utter knobs who only go to games when we're top of the league started booing triangles between the defence. Many of these will be the same people at the Valley tomorrow.

3) Goons. "If you're all going to Charlton clap your hands" and all that shit that we've seen on here the last couple of games. Who the hell cares? It's an away game up the road, it doesn't impress anyone that you're 13 and have actually been allowed to go. It's no different from the other 45 games we play this season. Expect these characters to be dribbling out utter shit like "drinking pints of sherry", amongst other imaginative classics like "LuaLua, LuaLua, LuaLua, LuaLua" (Tom Hark), "Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray" (Tom Hark) and "doo doo doo do, Tommy Elphick". Bloody brilliant.

4) Atmosphere. It will be shit. For once the regular away gamers will be outnumbered by the above goons. These will be the same people who will be on NSC tomorrow night saying the atmosphere was a bit of a let down in the end. They don't usually go away, so go to the game expecting to be "wowed" by the atmosphere. However, the only songs they sing will be drivel, and nobody will join in (see above).

5) Sit where you want. Again, the non-regular away gamers will be in attendance, and won't understand the concept of sit where you want. Expect to be made to "sit" in your seat - because the dullard behind you doesn't want to stand up and certainly doesn't want to move anywhere else.

6) LuaLua. Must be due an injury? The pratts who expect him to score with every shot will moan.

7) We have a knack for saving our stinkers for the games when a big ground turns up. Expect us to get turned over tomorrow.

I hope to be proved wrong, but I'm not particularly confident to be honest. Hopefully the team will make up for the utter plebs who'll be filling the crowd.

Hmmm. Nice one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here