View Poll Results: Can a cheese top bap, not sliced and with no filling be classified as a cheese roll?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Word! Dynamic G has it dead straight. It is a Cheese roll.

8 10.53%
  • A cheese roll? He's having a laugh.

68 89.47%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Originally posted by blagdon
    OK then, as you are still clearly not convinced I have just one last thing to say on this topic.

Imagine if you will that you have two items of food in front of you. One of them is a plain bread roll and the other is a slice of cheese. If you sliced the bread roll open and put the cheese inside before eating it I think we have all agreed that you will have just eaten a cheese roll. Correct?

If however you decided to place the slice of cheese on top of the roll before eating it are you saying that you have not just eaten a cheese roll?

Also, are you saying that by grating, melting or doing anything else to the cheese before putting it in the middle of or on top of the roll this changes the fact that you will have eaten a cheese roll?

I win. Thankyou.
    yeah but if I put the bread and cheese in a blender and blended it good before eating/drinking the mush then that wouldn't be a cheese roll....that would be bread and cheese mush (obviously).

it's all in the way it's prepared
    "Who gives a monkey's what 50 people want? Save a couple of toads and a few weeds? Give them a new stadium Mr Prescott" - Gordan Strachan, 30th May 2004, 1-0 the Albion, *to the tune of tom hark* "dur-ur-dur-dur-ur, dur-ur-dur-dur-ur, you're going to Torquay, we're going to Leeds!" season.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Word! Dynamic to the G

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Vinyl Richie
      yeah but if I put the bread and cheese in a blender and blended it good before eating/drinking the mush then that wouldn't be a cheese roll....that would be bread and cheese mush (obviously).

it's all in the way it's prepared

I agree with you but I didn't mention anything about the bread being mashed up which would obviously mean that it is no longer in roll form.

My point relates purely to the cheese element of this concoction being applied into or onto a roll (which is still in it's original roll form).

Your analagy is quite frankly way off base.

0 Not allowed!
      You sound like the Sepp Blatter of the snack world to me.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      It's cheese-bread in roll form.

Otherwise known as a cheese-bread roll.

How can you eat it plain though? Urrrgh. It just takes all the moisture out of your mouth.
      Forever a DAFT Bint

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Lush
      How can you eat it plain though? Urrrgh. It just takes all the moisture out of your mouth.
      .............................N ah, I'll leave it.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Well I just came back from lunch at Marks and Sparks (Holmbush). I ordered, received and comsumed a bowl of carrot and corainder soup, together with a roll peppered with pumpkin seeds. My partner however, ordered a Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich. She was given a little flag with the number 8 on it. Two minutes later the little flag was swapped for two thick slices of bread arranged as a sandwich, with cheese melted on the top slice. Upon further inspection we concluded that amazingly there was not one scrap of ham to be seen, on top, or indeed, inside the said sandwich! Clearly there has been an error, and once a complaint had been lodged this was soon rectified, and a new sandwich was delivered to our table. There were still two thick slices of bread arranged as a sandwich, with cheese melted on the top slice, but this time there was also a reasonable portion of ham secreted between the thick slices of bread. I had a bite and it was pretty good. Was this a Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich or was it a toasted ham sandwich with cheese melted on the top? And what happened to the ham initially I wonder?

You have just wasted approximately sixty seconds reading this, while I spent a good deal longer writing this.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Deano's Right Foot
      You have just wasted approximately sixty seconds reading this, while I spent a good deal longer writing this.
      In the immortal words of Hans Moleman: "You stole sixty seconds of my life, and I want them back........bahh, I'd only waste it anyway".
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Deano's Right Foot
      Well I just came back from lunch at Marks and Sparks (Holmbush). I ordered, received and comsumed a bowl of carrot and corainder soup, together with a roll peppered with pumpkin seeds. My partner however, ordered a Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich. She was given a little flag with the number 8 on it. Two minutes later the little flag was swapped for two thick slices of bread arranged as a sandwich, with cheese melted on the top slice. Upon further inspection we concluded that amazingly there was not one scrap of ham to be seen, on top, or indeed, inside the said sandwich! Clearly there has been an error, and once a complaint had been lodged this was soon rectified, and a new sandwich was delivered to our table. There were still two thick slices of bread arranged as a sandwich, with cheese melted on the top slice, but this time there was also a reasonable portion of ham secreted between the thick slices of bread. I had a bite and it was pretty good. Was this a Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich or was it a toasted ham sandwich with cheese melted on the top? And what happened to the ham initially I wonder?

Bizarre and could be tricky to eat. Unless it's designed to be eaten with a knife and fork. And that's just not the point of a sandwich.

0 Not allowed!
      That's no sandwich.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It's a bap and not a roll for one thing. For rolls go to Forfars, for baps see page 3 of The Sun.
      We want the finest wines available to humanity, and we want them here, and we want them now.