View Poll Results: Can a cheese top bap, not sliced and with no filling be classified as a cheese roll?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Word! Dynamic G has it dead straight. It is a Cheese roll.

8 10.26%
  • A cheese roll? He's having a laugh.

70 89.74%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Ahem...

This IS a cheeseroll
    Member of the Overseas Barmy Army

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Resident Train Guru Virgo's Haircut's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by cheeseroll
      Ahem...

This IS a cheeseroll
      So then cheesy, what type of cheese roll are you? If indeed you are a "proper" cheese roll!!
      Once known as Grovers & Pethick's Haircut
      Sussex born and bred

0 Not allowed!
      For it to be a cheese roll wouldn't it have to be at least 5% of cheese?

The ingredients have to be listed in order of quantity so the word cheese should not come first

Roll with a hint of cheese may be a better description. Has anyone reported this travesty to Trading Standards?

;)
      Never argue with an idiot.
      They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
      Word! Dynamic to the G

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Meade's_Ball
      I think the melting changes the status.
      I think you could call it a cheesy roll. But not a cheese roll. Thats just dumb.
      So would melted cheese inside of the roll constitute a cheese roll then? Of course it would. The consistency of the cheese bears no relation to whether it is a cheese roll or not.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by blagdon
      So would melted cheese inside of the roll constitute a cheese roll then? Of course it would. The consistency of the cheese bears no relation to whether it is a cheese roll or not.
      Melting the cheese makes it part of the roll and therefore a cheesey roll, a cheese roll is clearly something you make, not something that already exists.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Clearly, your piece of bread is riding on the gloried coat-tails of the cheese roll, trying to gain some of its prestige. The cheese roll has spent centuries bilding up its name. Don't let this over-sized crumb ruin it all now.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made

0 Not allowed!
      Look, this is clearly NOT a cheese roll.
      If I sat down in a pub and ordered a cheese roll, and all they brought me over was empty roll with a cheesy flavoured top, then I'm sorry, but something untoward would happen. My protests would rise steadily in volume until my culinary concerns were addressed in full by the arrival of some cheese SLICES for said roll. In the event of no cheese arriving, I would either get my money back, or cause some form of damage to the establishment to recompense my grievance.

A <something> roll always, always refers to the filling, never the topping. What kind of world are we living in when rolls are described by their topping and not their filling ? Madness, complete madness.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Word! Dynamic to the G

0 Not allowed!
      OK then, as you are still clearly not convinced I have just one last thing to say on this topic.

Imagine if you will that you have two items of food in front of you. One of them is a plain bread roll and the other is a slice of cheese. If you sliced the bread roll open and put the cheese inside before eating it I think we have all agreed that you will have just eaten a cheese roll. Correct?

If however you decided to place the slice of cheese on top of the roll before eating it are you saying that you have not just eaten a cheese roll?

Also, are you saying that by grating, melting or doing anything else to the cheese before putting it in the middle of or on top of the roll this changes the fact that you will have eaten a cheese roll?

I win. Thankyou.

0 Not allowed!
      Non-Falmer-caring prannet.
      Go and eat your yeast roll and never darken my dorm again.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made
      Take me Home Falmer Road Dick Knights Mumm's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Cheese on Toast .......................... is exactly that. It isn't a sandwich.

Cheese on a Roll ........................ is also exactly that.

Cheese Rolls have cheese in them. And if there are other fillings they it will say so.