Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese roll or not a cheese roll

Can a cheese top bap, not sliced and with no filling be classified as a cheese roll?

• Word! Dynamic G has it dead straight. It is a Cheese roll.

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • A cheese roll? He's having a laugh.

Votes: 70 89.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The office is abuzz with yet another controversy.

Dynamic G is eating what Sainsbury describe as a 'Cheese Top Bap' - you know the thing - a roll/bap with a light topping of melted cheese. The bap has not been sliced and has no filling.

Dynamic G maintains that this is a cheese roll.

I, and others, believe that a cheese roll involves slicing a roll in half with cheese (grated or sliced) placed between the two halves of the roll/bap.

So the question is:

Can a cheese top bap, not sliced and with no filling be classified as a cheese roll?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
A chease Roll must contain some form of proper cheese in the middle. Personally I prefer grated cheese in a cheese roll

A cheese top bap is only a cheese roll if it is cut in half and cheese placed in the middle.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No way!

A cheese roll does not become a cheese roll until it has been sliced in half and filled with cheese.

A cheese top bap is just that, a cheese top bap. If said bap were cut in half and filled with cheese it would then become a cheese rool.

Tell Dynamic G that he is living a lie.

Boardy

Mar 2, 2004
This is frankly embarrassing for the Dynamic G, and I expect he will now try to come up with a ridiculous theory to back up his case!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
what a fool, that ain't no cheese roll.

Hold on, it's a roll....it has cheese. Damn he's got a point. Now I don't know what to think!

That's like saying batman isn't a super hero cos he doesn't have any super powers but wait, he's super and he's a hero.

Dynamic G - I think you've got a case

blagdon

Word! Dynamic to the G
Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Yo, I am the dynamic to the G and I still maintain that there is no difference between a cheese topped bap and a cheese roll as the ingredients are the same, it's just the way that they are arranged is different.

If you took a twix bar and moved the caramel from on top of the biscuit to being in the middle of the biscuit would it not still be a twix bar? I think so. Point proved. Case won.

Anyone up for some breakdancing at half time on Saturday?

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Boardy said:
This is frankly embarrassing for the Dynamic G, and I expect he will now try to come up with a ridiculous theory to back up his case!

it's cheese and it's a roll........... cheese roll!!! :dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
blagdon said:
Yo, I am the dynamic to the G and I still maintain that there is no difference between a cheese topped bap and a cheese roll as the ingredients are the same, it's just the way that they are arranged is different.

If you took a twix bar and moved the caramel from on top of the biscuit to being in the middle of the biscuit would it not still be a twix bar? I think so. Point proved. Case won.

The votes suggest otherwise.

A roll with some cheese sprinkled on top. ;)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
blagdon said:

Anyone up for some breakdancing at half time on Saturday?

So why are Cheese topped baps sold as Cheese topped baps and not cheese rolls?

There must be an EU directive that clears this messy situation up.

Frankly i find you twix argument plain ridiculous, it completely changes the essence of the twix and makes it into a whole new bar, you've seen the adverts when the twix is snapped in two and all the biscuit kind of explodes, this simply would not happen if the caramel was in the midle instead.

I don't believe it!

This thread has been going for a whole TWENTY MINUTES!

And no-one has mentioned the REALLY IMPORTANT issue.

What variety of cheese are we talking about, Bozza?

blagdon

Word! Dynamic to the G
Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Yorkie said:
The votes suggest otherwise.

A roll with some cheese sprinkled on top. ;)

So are you saying that cheese sprinkled inside the roll does not constitute a cheese roll then?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
I don't believe it!

This thread has been going for a whole TWENTY MINUTES!

And no-one has mentioned the REALLY IMPORTANT issue.

What variety of cheese are we talking about, Bozza?

According to the Sainsbury packet - the cheese in question is 'Mature Cheddar'.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
blagdon said:
So are you saying that cheese sprinkled inside the roll does not constitute a cheese roll then?

Yes because in a PROPER cheese roll the cheese is SLICED

:p

Preferably with tomato as well

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If the ingredients of said snack item are cheese and a roll then surely it's a cheese roll. It doesn't matter whether the cheese is inside, ontop, or underneath, it's still a cheese roll.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Boardy said:

Dynamic G ??? now thats embarrassing !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yorkie said:
Preferably with tomato as well

No way, tomato makes the bread/roll go all soggy.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hell no, and with a stupid name like that definately Hell NO !

You know, this is what NSC is all about, dealing with the burning issues of the day. Sod football !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here