Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interwok - Worthing

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Anyone been, whats it like for price and food?

Cheers

:thumbsup:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Went during the week, It cost 12.95 per person.
I'm not usually a fan of buffet style restaurants but there is a counter where you can select your own ingredients & they will stir fry it in front of you.
gets a :thumbsup: from me.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
is it a cheap buffet place or what?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks OK but they put MSG into everything and my wife and daughter both projectile vomit and pass out within 1/2 hour of eating food with MSG in it, so we gave it a miss. :lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Dont know what that is, doesnt sound healthy though

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Looks OK but they put MSG into everything and my wife and daughter both projectile vomit and pass out within 1/2 hour of eating food with MSG in it, so we gave it a miss. :lolol:

Is that a fact or a guess?:ohmy:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is that a fact or a guess?:ohmy:

Last three chinese meals at different restaurants in different countries has resulted in projectile vomiting in the street or out of the car window, so it's an EDUCATED guess :lolol:

They are both somewhat reluctant to continue the experiment.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Last three chinese meals at different restaurants in different countries has resulted in projectile vomiting in the street or out of the car window, so it's an EDUCATED guess :lolol:

They are both somewhat reluctant to continue the experiment.

So what your saying is stay away from all chinese restaraunts, anywhere.
Thats a Bit unfair on interwok.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So what your saying is stay away from all chinese restaraunts, anywhere.
Thats a Bit unfair on interwok.

Absolutely not, msg has no effect on me whatsoever, the food at Interwok looks and smells pretty good, I'd quite like to have actually tried it. The staff were good enough to admit that they use MSG and we decided not to risk it.

Just suggesting that if anyone does get ill after a chinese, it MAY have something to do with the MSG.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Absolutely not, msg has no effect on me whatsoever, the food at Interwok looks and smells pretty good, I'd quite like to have actually tried it. The staff were good enough to admit that they use MSG and we decided not to risk it.

Just suggesting that if anyone does get ill after a chinese, it MAY have something to do with the MSG.

I see:thumbsup: Are they still allowed to use it?
Luckily it doesn't seem to affect my lot.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Went in for lunch once,cheap but not very good.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I see:thumbsup: Are they still allowed to use it?
Luckily it doesn't seem to affect my lot.

Yeh there is nothing illegal about it but a small number of people have a s reaction to it- my mum gets a bad stomach the next day and alot of children go very hyper on it. Its used in most chinese resturants to some amount. Also is some pre packaged food and used to be in holla hoops

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Have you ever tried the nepalese resturant in Worthing-used to be called the maharaj but apparently now called 'om' or something like that? Its not cheap (definetly a special occasion sort of place) but really good food and v friendly staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here