Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
20:47 for last week's ParkRun. Giving it a miss tomorrow as going to a party tonight.

Nope, the New Forest marathon for me on Sunday. Surprised you are merely running a half with your marathon exploits so far this year!

Good luck with New Forest. I have only run this marathon once. From what I remember it was a little hillier than I thought it would have been, but still a quick course & great scenery.

I am running Clarendon marathon next Sunday (12th marathon of 2010), so the Firle half is merely a training run (though running up to Firle Beacon won't seem so, tomorrow!).

Good luck & let us all know how you fair.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any of you Jessie's doing the IOW marathon, next week.
That's for real men.

BTW I refused to do the 'round Island bike race' cos I'm too fat.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Doing my first half marathon tomorrow in Macclesfield. Its supposed to be very hilly which I'm not looking forwards to! I'll be happy with anything under 2 hours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any one running the Firle 10k or Half Marathon on Sunday?
I have entered the half.

Cheers for the heads up, I decided at the last minute to do the Firle half; it's a new one for me. And Jeeeez, it must rate as the most grueling half I've ever done. Fantastic views once you're on top of the beacon though. I dread to think what the long run across the Firle Beacon ridge must be like when the weather is poor.

I clocked in at 1:54:36. My only criticism is the lack of a memento/medal at the end.

I stopped off and had a look at Falmer on the way back...and bought some bits and pieces in the next door farm shop. Feet up now listening to Brian Eno :thumbsup:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Doing my first half marathon tomorrow in Macclesfield. Its supposed to be very hilly which I'm not looking forwards to! I'll be happy with anything under 2 hours.

Completed in 1.47 which I am well chuffed with! :rave:

And it was very hilly.

Got to think about starting to train for next years Brighton marathon now. :cry:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Completed in 1.47 which I am well chuffed with! :rave:

And it was very hilly.

Got to think about starting to train for next years Brighton marathon now. :cry:

Well done fella. That is a very good time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheers. 55 out of 100 in the 40+ category and I've only been running a year.

I'm one of the other 100 40 plus-ers :)

Are the results on line? I cannot see them on the site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here