Page 1855 of 1909 FirstFirst ... 8551355175518051845185218531854185518561857185818651905 ... LastLast
Results 18,541 to 18,550 of 19082
    Members

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone running a prom based course would have been a bit battered today. A vicious easterly made my 22.19 a bit better than it looks. An age cat. 'victory' and overall 6th on AG out of 457. It was hard.
    I also won my age category at Lancing this morning. 14th overall in 21:55 - that wind was horrible! I’ve only run Lancing once before, last November and finished in exactly the same time - 21:55. How’s that for consistency?!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simgull View Post
      I also won my age category at Lancing this morning. 14th overall in 21:55 - that wind was horrible! I’ve only run Lancing once before, last November and finished in exactly the same time - 21:55. How’s that for consistency?!
      I did Clair Park 4 times fairly soon after it started up in the space of about 6 weeks, and did 22.14, 22.11, 22.14 and 22.14...........
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      I don't know if it counts, but I finished my first Tough Mudder today. Absolutely loved it and I think this could become an annual thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      You can't even read and yet you respond. It's really quite sad. Like a beached whale desperately thrashing about on a beach, except there's no one willing to push you back into the sea. Because the whale is a ****.

4 Not allowed!
      New 5k PB today at Braunstone Park Run with a time of 22:58 and an AG of 56.60%. Sub 23 mins was my 2019 target so really chuffed I've done it with a few months of the year left to go. Looking forward to 11-12 slow miles in the rain tomorrow as my last long run before Leicester HM in two weeks.

Oh and I joined my local running club two weeks ago. Picked the wrong group on Tuesday evening as there were two doing the same 7 mile route. Unfortunately I picked the group that were pacing 7 minute miles which is well out of my reach especially after 10 hours at work. To be fair they were a really good bunch with two holding back to drag me round which was nice. Definitely the 8-9 minute pace group next week!

4 Not allowed!
      A big weekend for me preparing for Beachy Head. 7 miles on the flat yesterday with the middle 5 attempted to run as close to 9 min miles as possible to work on consistant pacing and running at an "aerobic" rate.

Then a lovely morning on the SDW early today. Went up the Benfield Valley and got to the SDW just before the Dyke at exactly the same time as another bloke. He held the gate for me, we ran off and it turned out we were running at exactly the same pace (he has a 3.56 and a 4.00.30 marathon to his name, how we laughed about the latter). A good chat revealed he was also doing Beachy Head has his first trail marathon although he'd done that hot 14 miler from Falmer that @big nuts ran and also the Jog Shop 20 miler. Ran to the bottom of Truleigh Hill and then turned and went back on ourselves. All in all 14.5 miles in 2.37 for a half marathon personal worst, but a great social chat with another runner and nice to be back in the routine of power walking hills and holding open gates for people. And scaring sheep, obviously.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Thanks to ninja elephant for sending me a 5K plan to follow!

Had the easy runs last week so today was my first ever proper interval session....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1942.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	115522

Progressively worse and worse as each KM went on haha. Was hoping to stay around the 7min/mile pace with the help of the 90 secs rest. I assume this is an example of how not to do these sessions? Should look for more consistency?

My 5k PB in recent years is just under 23 mins, would love to get nearer to 21 which I managed a few years ago.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Richy_Seagull View Post
      Thanks to ninja elephant for sending me a 5K plan to follow!

Had the easy runs last week so today was my first ever proper interval session....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1942.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	115522

Progressively worse and worse as each KM went on haha. Was hoping to stay around the 7min/mile pace with the help of the 90 secs rest. I assume this is an example of how not to do these sessions? Should look for more consistency?

My 5k PB in recent years is just under 23 mins, would love to get nearer to 21 which I managed a few years ago.
      Aim with equal-distance intervals is to get then all done at the same pace........takes practice....looks like a decent session though
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Just as a matter of interest (to be filed under the title of 'how do elite sportsmen perform when they run'), Chris Boardman (quite handy on a bike) has dome some Parkruns. He's a VM50-54 and can clock 19 something at around a 74% AG. Not at all shabby!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Just as a matter of interest (to be filed under the title of 'how do elite sportsmen perform when they run'), Chris Boardman (quite handy on a bike) has dome some Parkruns. He's a VM50-54 and can clock 19 something at around a 74% AG. Not at all shabby!
      Backs up my assertion that all PL footballers (when fit) should be able to do sub 18/19
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by timbha View Post
      Backs up my assertion that all PL footballers (when fit) should be able to do sub 18/19
      This is my view too, but it is a matter for lively debate on the thread from time to time. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's about the only thing that we as a 'community' disagree on. (Lights blue touch paper and retreats to safe distance...……..)