Page 1775 of 1812 FirstFirst ... 775127516751725176517721773177417751776177717781785 ... LastLast
Results 17,741 to 17,750 of 18117
    Year of the Tiger #WHC Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I was pacing my mate Dave around Hove Promenade this morning, got him home in 24:50. Nailed it! My right foot is still a little bit off where I want it to be, so I'm thinking about a complete break off my feet and try to get myself strong as possible ready for the Bournemouth Marathon preparation - it's time to be the third NSC sub-3!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Irritatingly I was a second behind my seasons best yesterday. However my plantar seems to have cleared up, so I'm happy about that.

1 Not allowed!
      Three seasons in one run this morning on the seafront. Sun, then very quickly torrential rain, so that miles 2-3 felt like running through a bath befoer drying out again in the stiff breeze. Can feel the speed work starting to work. Additionally, either the rain was far too heavy or this year's Brighton Marathon participant t-shirts are not really that technical as my tits feel like they've been through a cheese grater.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Three seasons in one run this morning on the seafront. Sun, then very quickly torrential rain, so that miles 2-3 felt like running through a bath befoer drying out again in the stiff breeze. Can feel the speed work starting to work. Additionally, either the rain was far too heavy or this year's Brighton Marathon participant t-shirts are not really that technical as my tits feel like they've been through a cheese grater.

For a brief moment I saw those red little cherries and even felt them.

I was out this morning also, fortunately, I only got the strong wind and a stonking 5k PB (for me)!

A question is why did I knock 22 secs off my best was it:

New running shirt from kids for fathers day
      First, run in some new shoes
      Mental belief
      Or the tough session I put in 5 days previous of a hard 6k (2 min rest) hard 1k (2min rest) and another hard 1k?
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post

For a brief moment I saw those red little cherries and even felt them.

I was out this morning also, fortunately, I only got the strong wind and a stonking 5k PB (for me)!

A question is why did I knock 22 secs off my best was it:

New running shirt from kids for fathers day
      First, run in some new shoes
      Mental belief
      Or the tough session I put in 5 days previous of a hard 6k (2 min rest) hard 1k (2min rest) and another hard 1k?
      Speaking purely from personal experience, rather than expertise, I tend to go quicker when I've been training hard in the past but have allowed my legs to rest since my last run. New shoes ALWAYS help but I reckon that's psychological. So a combination of the last 3 I reckon.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Speaking purely from personal experience, rather than expertise, I tend to go quicker when I've been training hard in the past but have allowed my legs to rest since my last run. New shoes ALWAYS help but I reckon that's psychological. So a combination of the last 3 I reckon.
      Thanks, I thought the same the fathers day shirt was to just pad the potential answers out!!

The shoes did feel good, how many runs have I got before they are no longer fast!!

Please make in 30+ .
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      New boy on this thread, so apologies if this is covered.
      I am working towards regularly running marathons and half marathons after a period of taking part in shorter races. My most recent race was the Horsham 10K a couple of weeks ago.
      I am looking for upcoming half marathon or 10Ks in the next few weeks....
      Does anyone know of local running events that would suit?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lever View Post
      New boy on this thread, so apologies if this is covered.
      I am working towards regularly running marathons and half marathons after a period of taking part in shorter races. My most recent race was the Horsham 10K a couple of weeks ago.
      I am looking for upcoming half marathon or 10Ks in the next few weeks....
      Does anyone know of local running events that would suit?
      Not sure about next few weeks but if you’re near Horsham then there’s Barnes Green half in September that quite a few of us enter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      Thanks, I thought the same the fathers day shirt was to just pad the potential answers out!!

The shoes did feel good, how many runs have I got before they are no longer fast!!

Please make in 30+ .
      About 2 or 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
      I'll be there running with my Tuesday night track team as last year, but I think this is a much better idea than the Super Egos!!
      Remember Gaffer, when arranging teams, 40% of the distance is done at the weakest links pace which you will need to consider when balancing the teams.
      337 parkruns for me, mostly Hove Park but generally Preston Park these days.
      Good we'll see you there. You did help me there. All 3 super egos (and all team members) will have to run last leg at pace of slowest man. I've added that into my calculation.
      Teams are below; captains should run last as fast as they can and recover during the final 5th leg.

Team 1. Captain @big nuts 18:30 @Mr Blobby 23:17 @penny's harmonica 20:50ish Big Nuts Cousin 21:00

Team 2. Captain @Ninja Elephant 19:28 @Greg Bobkin 22:15 @GNT 21:49 @son of GNT Peter 21:00

Team 3. Captain @Mr Banana 20:30 @knocky 22:00 @mark jacques 20:57 @BenElton's Brother 21:12

These teams 5k current times give 5 x 2.5k relay legs at 53:25, 53.245 and 53.21. Tight finish!

Any drop outs let me know ASAP and I will pass it on to your Captain.