Page 1029 of 1777 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910261027102810291030103110321039107911291529 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,290 of 17767
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a problem mate. Really pleased for you.

NSC wooden spoon for me. Didn't want to mention it yesterday so you could tell your story. See you all at Phoenix where I'll be looking to take a couple of minutes off yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha ha. Same here. I saw where the wooden spoon went around 10:35 am yesterday on the live results page. Not my strong point keeping quiet but managed it.
    Seeing Jesus Friday and if I get the go ahead will enter the Phoenix and try and get the wooden spoon from you. I don't want to just turn up for the beer..........

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Ha ha. Same here. I saw where the wooden spoon went around 10:35 am yesterday on the live results page. Not my strong point keeping quiet but managed it.
      Seeing Jesus Friday and if I get the go ahead will enter the Phoenix and try and get the wooden spoon from you. I don't want to just turn up for the beer..........
      It was all going swimmingly for the first 3/5ths. Story of my racing life
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=Mr Blobby;7966364]Great day on Sunday, felt anything like running TBH after sitting up watching the events unfold in London until about 2am after getting back from another superb Levellers gig in Worthing. Picked up @Guinness Boy and another mate as the trains looking a bit iffy! Parked up near the aquamarina and walked along to the start line.

My aim was for sub 50, I lost @Guiness Boy and the 50 pacer pretty much from the start, but kept them in my view for the first 4 miles. Felt really strong (but hot hot hot). Overtook @Guiness Boy who gave me plenty of encouragement to push on. I knew I was ever so slightly behind sub 50 so really pushed on from mile 5. Had to wait for the official text and was "over the moon" when it came in an 49.59.............YiiiiPPPPppp pPPpppEEEEeeeeeeee. 572/2277.

My watch recorded it as exactly 50.00 but I was concentrating on crossing the line rather than stopping my watch :-)

A big thanks to @Guinness Boy for all the support and encouragement.

Brilliant effort - well done!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Note to anyone thinking of doing the Worthing parkrun: Km markers are stencilled on the prom (in yellow). The trouble is that they are very easy to miss so you can't rely on seeing them. I hope no-one doing the 10k wasn't put off by them.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blobby View Post
      Great day on Sunday, felt anything like running TBH after sitting up watching the events unfold in London until about 2am after getting back from another superb Levellers gig in Worthing. Picked up @Guinness Boy and another mate as the trains looking a bit iffy! Parked up near the aquamarina and walked along to the start line.

My aim was for sub 50, I lost @Guiness Boy and the 50 pacer pretty much from the start, but kept them in my view for the first 4 miles. Felt really strong (but hot hot hot). Overtook @Guiness Boy who gave me plenty of encouragement to push on. I knew I was ever so slightly behind sub 50 so really pushed on from mile 5. Had to wait for the official text and was "over the moon" when it came in an 49.59.............YiiiiPPPPppp pPPpppEEEEeeeeeeee. 572/2277.

My watch recorded it as exactly 50.00 but I was concentrating on crossing the line rather than stopping my watch :-)

https://www.strava.com/activities/1020528143

A big thanks to @Guinness Boy for all the support and encouragement.
      Attachment 86057
      Always good to beat your target by 1 second. Great effort.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      If anyone fancies a 10k (or 5k) in Hove Park on Sunday 25th June to raise funds for Prostate Cancer research , have a look at this

https://www.themartlets.org.uk/Event/go-dad-run

New series of running events set up by Colin Jackson and supported by Mark Foster and others. Mark was down visting the Martlets Hospice a couple of weeks ago. Its a male version of the race for life, funds towards prostate cancer. Events spread across the year in Sunderland, London, Brighton & Hove, Worcester, Cardiff and Norwich. 5k and 10k events and you get a big pair of blue Y fronts to wear over your shorts (as well as a medal!).
      Mark R
      England Away For all my England match reports and quite a few pictures!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by penny's harmonica View Post
      I used to do a 30 minute hill routine on the treadmill. Start with 5 minutes at 12%, 5 at 6%, 5 at 8%, then 4%, then 6 and finish on 3. Try and run as fast as you can but don't kill yourself the first couple of sessions as it's tough going but you'll get big rewards if you stick with it.

Well done to all Worthing runners sounds like s good day. Hope to make Phoenix my next 10k
      Thanks for this, it's all well and good looking stuff up on the internet but hearing what actually works for REAL people is so much better.

My standard 3/4/6 mile local run has rises and falls of c80-130m as I cross Harrow and some days I can attack them and others I'm spent so need a viable way of training for it.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain
      Punxsatawney Phil Curious Orange's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      First race in the Yateley 10k series tonight. I'm using this one as a sighter, seeing as I'm entered in all three races, as I want to see if my hamstring has healed up properly with rest (my only run in the last week or so being a slow 10k in Ibiza last week) and I reckon I'm a bit out of shape *ahem* after my all-inclusive holiday in the sun with the kids.
      When Steve McQueen met The Blob, he tried to kill it. It probably never crossed his mind to try and take it out to a restaurant.

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone else doing the South Downs Marathon on 17th June?
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      Anyone else doing the South Downs Marathon on 17th June?
      Reminded me that the Weakest Link relay is 2 weeks today. Time to check out the teams. If anyone can't do it let us know. We have @lost in london ready to step in as first reserve. The teams are NOT ordered by times or Leg to be run. Order of leg run is down to each team. Usually fastest runner last and slowest runner first but current form, injuries and shitting out may change that.

The super ego team is @Pembury @Mr Banana @big nuts @Ninja Elephant

The ego team is @penny's harmonica @Greg Bobkin @St Leonards Seagull @Simgull

The wooden spoon team is @knocky1 @BenElton'sBrother @Guinness Boy (?) @Mr Blobby

The super egos are streets ahead of the egos at the moment. So team is set. @Simgull @knocky1 and @BenElton'sBrother , however, are fighting for the first leg in the ego team rather than the last two in the wooden spoon team. My recent best is 23:26 which puts @Simgull well ahead but a decent run in the next 10 days means I could get promotion. So Simgull watch your back and BEs brother let us know your current times.
      Here's the link http://brightonsports.co.uk/the-weakest-link-relay-run