Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good running. That's over 80% of a marathon not 2/3! Lets have a quiz final check in for Wednesday. [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] Then we are paging [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] for this Wednesday Anyone else interested to help [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]? I'm available to do a Glen Murray and switch to a rival team, if needed.

Still in.....

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Tricky one. I can't take 73.36% as Parkrun seem to still be using a 2006-2010 version http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html any result I have from parkrun agrees with this calculation.They don't actually divulge which AG calculator they use. My Parkrun AGs are higher with the 2015 calculaion. As the table is mainly based on Parkrun we need to be as close to their calculation as possible.

So at 35 it is 72.88%. It's hard being the gaffer. A lonely job with no friends.....................

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Tricky one. I can't take 73.36% as Parkrun seem to still be using a 2006-2010 version http://www.howardgrubb.co.uk/athletics/wmalookup06.html any result I have from parkrun agrees with this calculation.They don't actually divulge which AG calculator they use. My Parkrun AGs are higher with the 2015 calculaion. As the table is mainly based on Parkrun we need to be as close to their calculation as possible.

So at 35 it is 72.88%. It's hard being the gaffer. A lonely job with no friends.....................

#KnockyOut

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Now can I get on with my interrupted training and get on with my 80 minutes afternoon kip to aid muscle recovery?

Do what you want. I'm off to sulk in the corner.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good running. That's over 80% of a marathon not 2/3! Lets have a quiz final check in for Wednesday. [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] Then we are paging [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] for this Wednesday Anyone else interested to help [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]? I'm available to do a Glen Murray and switch to a rival team, if needed.

I’m in. What time is everyone arriving?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
2016 was a NSC year at Hastings. @St Leonard's Seagull romped home first, [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] ran a cracker to claim second and [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] and myself were close behind. Very happy with my time that day.
Here's the profile: https://www.strava.com/activities/522066223

Interesting to see the course details. Basing it on being c.300 ft hillier than Barns Green anything close to sub 90 minutes would be incredibly pleasing.

Looking forward to it with the forecast looking very good, albeit forecasts can’t be too relied on 6 days out.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Interesting to see the course details. Basing it on being c.300 ft hillier than Barns Green anything close to sub 90 minutes would be incredibly pleasing.

Looking forward to it with the forecast looking very good, albeit forecasts can’t be too relied on 6 days out.

The best news is the wind going to the East 10mph. Help for the 3 mile finish on the Prom.

Quiz start time 7:30. See you there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Still in.....unlikely to be there much before 7.30 so save me a seat [emoji106][emoji106]

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Ok I can come if there is space for me in a team. I won’t be there until around 8:15 though so please save the obscure indie music round for then!

Does the Caxton do food? I’ll be needing my tea.

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
Can you defer Manchester? They run that every year, but it could be the last time in your lifetime that Brighton play an FA Cup semi final. I think the choice is clear. :thumbsup:

Thinking about it though - the game is likely to be on the saturday, based on the Champions League schedule. You can do both, no?

Manchester can’t be deferred, but you’re right, marathons are every year. Us at Wembley isn’t :) - 11 laps of this place it is instead... https://findarace.com/events/goodwood-marathon-running-grand-prix

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
On a running note there is good news for [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] I have decided to mentally take on a slightly faster aim for the Brighton Marathon than sub 4. Will have sub 3:55:00 in mind. This slight adaption usually ends in failure......

Also drastically cutting mileage for quality and rest, rest and more rest. So Hastings Half this Sunday and then the Sussex Trail Adur 20 mile the week after just 2 weeks before BM followed by rest, rest and rest.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
On a running note there is good news for [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] I have decided to mentally take on a slightly faster aim for the Brighton Marathon than sub 4. Will have sub 3:55:00 in mind. This slight adaption usually ends in failure......

Also drastically cutting mileage for quality and rest, rest and more rest. So Hastings Half this Sunday and then the Sussex Trail Adur 20 mile the week after just 2 weeks before BM followed by rest, rest and rest.

I reckon this could be a great NSC (and others) challenge. I see no reason why you and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] shouldn't go sub-4 with your training. 3.55 is probably where I'm aiming too. My Sunday morning training partner is now keeping up with me on all long runs and kicked my butt on Sunday on our 13 miler. His PB is 4.04 but he's looking to go under. Could be a 4-way challenge. Last one home gets the beers in at the Caxton afterwards.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I reckon this could be a great NSC (and others) challenge. I see no reason why you and [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] shouldn't go sub-4 with your training. 3.55 is probably where I'm aiming too. My Sunday morning training partner is now keeping up with me on all long runs and kicked my butt on Sunday on our 13 miler. His PB is 4.04 but he's looking to go under. Could be a 4-way challenge. Last one home gets the beers in at the Caxton afterwards.

Someone of my pedigree should not be in such a low challenge............................................I'll bring some money, ready to get the beers in as last home.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

My race finishes at 8am on the day, so if I’m not too wrecked I might come down and join in the refuelling.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here