Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My race finishes at 8am on the day, so if I’m not too wrecked I might come down and join in the refuelling.........

What race are you doing that finishes at 8am? ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
12 hour track endurance....8pm to 8am

Good Lord - I can't find it within myself to give that a thumbs up! :ohmy:

After my 8 x 1km sprints session yesterday, I'm feeling quite heavy today. I'll do a 7 mile recovery run at 8 mins per mile and then prepare myself for the quiz extraordinaire!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
12 hour track endurance....8pm to 8am

Good Lord - I can't find it within myself to give that a thumbs up! :ohmy:

After my 8 x 1km sprints session yesterday, I'm feeling quite heavy today. I'll do a 7 mile recovery run at 8 mins per mile and then prepare myself for the quiz extraordinaire!

Absolute madness, as you hint, best leave him to it.

I'm still heavy from my weekend efforts so day 3 of rest for me. Can't afford to get to Hastings heavy legged.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Pretty sure I have suffered some lower back injury after taking a bit of a tumble after Solly's goal. Had a small run yesterday and still feeling it today. Hoping nothing major!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My race finishes at 8am on the day, so if I’m not too wrecked I might come down and join in the refuelling.........

I think there is a table booked for roasts for afterwards - we can check with Brett & Mr Blobby tonight.

I have a bit of a cold / sore throat going on which is annoying but still going to give 50 mins easy a go at lunchtime. Hopefully the worst effect will be that no one will hear me say "I don't know" after every question is asked.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I think there is a table booked for roasts for afterwards - we can check with Brett & Mr Blobby tonight.

I have a bit of a cold / sore throat going on which is annoying but still going to give 50 mins easy a go at lunchtime. Hopefully the worst effect will be that no one will hear me say "I don't know" after every question is asked.

....and then, having typed that, I ran "easy" at 9.00s for the time I was on the seafront (normally that's a bit quicker than aerobic for me) and could have gone quicker without really pushing my breathing. Weird. But good.
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] have messaged you about tonight..

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A solid 7 miler for me in 7:57 per mile, nice jaunt from the Sea Life Centre out to Ovingdean over the top road, and then back along the undercliff, via the eastern Marina wall (which was open to halfway) and then toward the west wall (which was closed entirely). Relatively well paced overall, but probably a 30/45 second differential in the splits.

I'm all set for this evening now, I'm going to do a casual core session in the gym here beforehand; what time are people looking to get to the Caxton?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A solid 7 miler for me in 7:57 per mile, nice jaunt from the Sea Life Centre out to Ovingdean over the top road, and then back along the undercliff, via the eastern Marina wall (which was open to halfway) and then toward the west wall (which was closed entirely). Relatively well paced overall, but probably a 30/45 second differential in the splits.

I'm all set for this evening now, I'm going to do a casual core session in the gym here beforehand; what time are people looking to get to the Caxton?

7.30 to get settled for 8 start. See you all there.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Excellent turnout for the first NSC runners quiz team. Dazzer, Simgull, GB, Big Nuts and Ninja all helped a night organised by hard working [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] Thanks for the support the one night raised £800 for the Martlets.£295 entry £264 raffle £150 cut of bar takings from Brett at The Caxton Arms and £100 donations from those who couldn’t make it.
Excellent work all round.:clap::clap::clap:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excellent turnout for the first NSC runners quiz team. Dazzer, Simgull, GB, Big Nuts and Ninja all helped a night organised by hard working [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] Thanks for the support the one night raised £800 for the Martlets.£295 entry £264 raffle £150 cut of bar takings from Brett at The Caxton Arms and £100 donations from those who couldn’t make it.
Great stuff, very enjoyable evening. Thanks for organising [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sussex Trail Events info please. Simgull Blobby and myself down for the Adur 20 mile Sunday week. Nothing been sent out yet, nothing on website but I see on race info page that the ARC permit is Pending.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

Yep, great evening. Well done everyone who organised it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yeah, but did you win? :lol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sussex Trail Events info please. Simgull Blobby and myself down for the Adur 20 mile Sunday week. Nothing been sent out yet, nothing on website but I see on race info page that the ARC permit is Pending.

Beach Green (Shoreham-by-Sea) for an 8am kick-off. See you there.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, but did you win? :lol:

:shrug: Obviously not or I would have posted the table.112 points put me somewhere midway. The winners would have even won on AG percentage! Not sure of the real NSC team.
The wife did win 2 ODI cricket tickets, game of choice, at Hove. I'll enjoy a boys day out with those.

See you at the Adur 20. Do you collect numbers on the day?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:shrug: Obviously not or I would have posted the table.112 points put me somewhere midway. The winners would have even won on AG percentage! Not sure of the real NSC team.
The wife did win 2 ODI cricket tickets, game of choice, at Hove. I'll enjoy a boys day out with those.

See you at the Adur 20. Do you collect numbers on the day?

Hang on, did you really score 112?! :ohmy:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here