Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The Weakest Link Relays has 12 runners. To spice things up I want to change the format. The Super Ego team is not strong enough to compete and it’s hard for them to know who the immediate challengers are during the relay..

So we race each other! The 3 teams would be evenly matched this year.

A runners; [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION]
Brunners; Big Nuts friend [MENTION=11716]Penny's Harmonica [/MENTION][MENTION=3975]Ben eltonsbrother[/MENTION]
C runners @GNT knocky [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]
D runners; @ Mr Blobby the son of GNT the friend of GNT

Three teams choosing one from each roughly based on times would create an inter NSC challenge.

.............or the super egos can **** off like they do every year in their own team and the rest of us can divide into two competing teams.

For example one team being Big Nuts, his cousin, Greg Bobkin and Mr Blobby.
second team Ninja, PH, GNT and son third team Mr Banana Ben E's Brother Knocky GNT friend

I'd need to check over the times of each runner before final selection.

I'm probably about 21 at the moment. Champions League coverage has totally done me in and I've hardly run much as a result

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
From my email the other week "Congratulations on completing your 266th parkrun and your 244th at Brighton & Hove parkrun today." As [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] will tell you, I quite like the Hove Park course :lol:

First one was January 2009. I love it – my favourite thing about running.

I wonder if that was back in the day when the course was officially declared 'short'?

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
From my email the other week "Congratulations on completing your 266th parkrun and your 244th at Brighton & Hove parkrun today." As [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] will tell you, I quite like the Hove Park course :lol:

First one was January 2009. I love it – my favourite thing about running.

I'll see your 244 in 266 and raise you...

Congratulations on completing your 328th parkrun and your 328th at Brighton & Hove parkrun today

I quite like Hove Park too apparently... :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have run 101 parkruns, 16 different courses.

Hove Park (53), Preston Park (18), Hove Promenade (13), Bournemouth, Lancing, Peacehaven, Bevendean (2), Worthing, Darlington, Kettering, Newcastle, Seaford, Portsmouth, Crawley, Brockenhurst, Isle of Man (1).

Worthing I should have done more often, but 9am on a saturday is bold. Hence the 53 at Hove Park as it's closest.

I think it'll be 17 different courses tomorrow, Leicester Victoria park is on the cards ahead of a football tournament (I'll be in goal)!.

Last edited:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
How many parkruns have you lot done?

I am not in double figures although i do run once about every 4-5 days.

I know one of my mates has done around the 100 mark.

130 in total, of which 113 were at Preston Park.

Have also done Hove Park and Hove Prom a few times as well as Seaton (Devon) and Krakow.

Additionally I’ve done various Parkruns on Albion away trips:

Bournemouth
Leicester
Swansea Bay
South Manchester
Princes Park (Liverpool)
Newcastle
Cardiff
Hackney Marshes (West Ham)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What's your preferred distance?

Tricky question........probably somewhere between 30 & 65m. 100m is a great target to aim for but it’s a fecking long way, and hurts a lot. Not sure if I’ll do another yet. 50m is a decent day out without wrecking yourself. I really like trail events around the marathon distance too. Longer runs aren’t as hard as 5-10k IMO.

D

Deleted member 2719

130 in total, of which 113 were at Preston Park.

Have also done Hove Park and Hove Prom a few times as well as Seaton (Devon) and Krakow.

Additionally I’ve done various Parkruns on Albion away trips:

Bournemouth
Leicester
Swansea Bay
South Manchester
Princes Park (Liverpool)
Newcastle
Cardiff
Hackney Marshes (West Ham)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favourite away day run???

Tricky question........probably somewhere between 30 & 65m. 100m is a great target to aim for but it’s a fecking long way, and hurts a lot. Not sure if I’ll do another yet. 50m is a decent day out without wrecking yourself. I really like trail events around the marathon distance too. Longer runs aren’t as hard as 5-10k IMO.

Yeah, my best distance is probably 55 metres :wink: those long-legged guys can't catch me then!

So doing that sort of mileage, you are either running or on here!

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
The Weakest Link Relays has 12 runners. To spice things up I want to change the format. The Super Ego team is not strong enough to compete and it’s hard for them to know who the immediate challengers are during the relay..

So we race each other! The 3 teams would be evenly matched this year.

A runners; [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION]
Brunners; Big Nuts friend [MENTION=11716]Penny's Harmonica [/MENTION][MENTION=3975]Ben eltonsbrother[/MENTION]
C runners @GNT knocky [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]
D runners; @ Mr Blobby the son of GNT the friend of GNT

Three teams choosing one from each roughly based on times would create an inter NSC challenge.

.............or the super egos can **** off like they do every year in their own team and the rest of us can divide into two competing teams.

For example one team being Big Nuts, his cousin, Greg Bobkin and Mr Blobby.
second team Ninja, PH, GNT and son third team Mr Banana Ben E's Brother Knocky GNT friend

I'd need to check over the times of each runner before final selection.
I'll be there running with my Tuesday night track team as last year, but I think this is a much better idea than the Super Egos!!
Remember Gaffer, when arranging teams, 40% of the distance is done at the weakest links pace which you will need to consider when balancing the teams.
337 parkruns for me, mostly Hove Park but generally Preston Park these days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
....and hold down a full time job

....pretend to [emoji23][emoji23]

Fitting training in can be a pain - for example I’ve been away the last two weeks on a work trip - one week in Dubai (40 degrees plus) and one in Hong Kong (32 degrees and 100% humidity) so been trying to keep to plan using hotel treadmills, whilst being permanently jetlagged and having back to back meetings all day and a load of social stuff to do with the teams as I only see them a couple of times a year. So, no long runs at all, low weekly mileage and most of it a bit crap anyway, but better than nothing I guess.

I’m posting this from the airport in Hong Kong ahead of another 14 hours in the belly of the tin bird, so tomorrow is ****ed as well in terms of any training. Can’t wait to get some fresh Downland air on Sunday !

On the plus side, I work from home at least a couple of days a week so can easily fit in a decent run on those days, and usually manage a run-out from the office or a treadmill session when I’m in London. It’s rare that I do less than 5 runs a week - have done c850 miles this year with very few long events (4 or 5 marathons or short ultras perhaps).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm inpressed, what drives you guys to want to do it on a regular basis?
Times?
Social?
Love running in a race?

Not so much these days, but it became part of my weekend routine. I love the social aspect of it, volunteering (normally pacing), the feeling you get when a run comes together and you get an SB or PB and just the sheer sight of so many people out and about exercising on a Saturday morning. In a world where it is so easy for people to sling the 'lazy' tag around, it's refreshing to know that there are LOADS of runners (and walkers) all over the country who are out at the same time, doing the same thing. Watching it grow (there was only one parkrun in B&H when I started out; now there are about 17 :lol:) has been brilliant.

I wonder if that was back in the day when the course was officially declared 'short'?

I don't remember them ever moving the start or finish line, so...:shrug: Maybe it's still short, or maybe it's where I sometimes take the racing line...

I'll see your 244 in 266 and raise you...

Congratulations on completing your 328th parkrun and your 328th at Brighton & Hove parkrun today

I quite like Hove Park too apparently... :)

:bowdown: Those are stats I can only DREAM of. Although you should try playing an away fixture – it's not as bad as you might think!

Yeah, but they're over so much quicker...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not so much these days, but it became part of my weekend routine. I love the social aspect of it, volunteering (normally pacing), the feeling you get when a run comes together and you get an SB or PB and just the sheer sight of so many people out and about exercising on a Saturday morning. In a world where it is so easy for people to sling the 'lazy' tag around, it's refreshing to know that there are LOADS of runners (and walkers) all over the country who are out at the same time, doing the same thing. Watching it grow (there was only one parkrun in B&H when I started out; now there are about 17 :lol:) has been brilliant.

I don't remember them ever moving the start or finish line, so...:shrug: Maybe it's still short, or maybe it's where I sometimes take the racing line...

:bowdown: Those are stats I can only DREAM of. Although you should try playing an away fixture – it's not as bad as you might think!

Yeah, but they're over so much quicker...

Yeah but there’s no buffet table every 6 miles [emoji23][emoji23]

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
232 parkruns for me so the green shirt is in sight, 176 at Hove Park, the rest across 20 other courses favourites being Fountains Abbey and Brockenhurst. I also have the purple shirt for 25 Volunteer stints.

I do it because I love the whole spirit of it and it’s just such a good way to start the weekend.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
232 parkruns for me so the green shirt is in sight, 176 at Hove Park, the rest across 20 other courses favourites being Fountains Abbey and Brockenhurst. I also have the purple shirt for 25 Volunteer stints.

I do it because I love the whole spirit of it and it’s just such a good way to start the weekend.

And you've managed to rope in Mrs Simgull and Simgull Jnr to help out, too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here