Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Very sad to think what was going through his head. Very fit looking in that photo. Good time as you say.

Yes, I find this very sad.

Park Run is so “normal” yet you don’t know what the person running next to you is going through

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm running the BM for the Martlet's Hospice this year. Fundraiser supreme [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] has agreed to help me fundraise by arranging a quiz at The Caxton Arms, North Gardens, BN1 7.30 Wednesday 20th March. Either come as a team of 4/5 people, put yourself up for the NSC runners team or we can sort you into a team on the night. £5 pp on the night with prize money. Brett, a lot of you know from the Albion, the Landlord, is arranging a £1 a ticket raffle with a number of prizes; three meals out vouchers, bottle of Brighton gin, signed Brighton shirt 2017/18 and a signed Spanish Dave print for starters.

So be good to see some of your faces. No pressure BUT expect to get Leg 4 in the Weakest Link relay if I don't see you.:drink:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bright10 finished. Never ran it but sad to lose an uncommon distance due to the cost of road closures. Last thing we want is another 10K for 2020.

53347688_10217527166949872_3932084405354364928_n.jpg

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bright10 finished. Never ran it but sad to lose an uncommon distance due to the cost of road closures. Last thing we want is another 10K for 2020.

View attachment 105402

Very disappointing but I'm pretty sure Lewes AC run a 10 mile off road race on the same day so I'll very likely run that instead.

I'll also be up for your fundraising night in just under 2 weeks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Darn. Bright10 was probably my favourite race on the calendar, I absolutely love 10 miles as a distance. Would have been aiming for sub 1:20 this year. Booo.
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] I will be at the quiz & am available for an NSC Runners team if selected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
A sort of yippee! I've not run in over a week because a bit of a plantar fasciitis flair-up, however this morning I managed to get out of bed without hobbling around like a new-born deer, so things are definitely on the mend ahead of this weekend's Surrey Half. The tendon is still a little tender so I'll not risk running on it just yet, but hopefully keeping up the stretches and icing will get me round the course on Sunday.

No, I'm not going for or expecting a decent time! That got stuffed when I ended up in hospital for the New Year.

:lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Darn. Bright10 was probably my favourite race on the calendar, I absolutely love 10 miles as a distance. Would have been aiming for sub 1:20 this year. Booo.
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] I will be at the quiz & am available for an NSC Runners team if selected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Big Nuts said the Lewes 10m off road is the same day and may now get a cult following. I'll be on hols.

For the Quiz night a NSC runner's team would be good. At the moment I'll be a floater and however many we get from here I can join to make a team or leave if we have 4 already. So 2 more NSC runners would be good.
Also spread the word around as Quiz maestro Tufty deserves a big crowd and the Martlets deserves the money.

Bookings at the link below or let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/caxtonarmsbrighton/

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A sort of yippee! I've not run in over a week because a bit of a plantar fasciitis flair-up, however this morning I managed to get out of bed without hobbling around like a new-born deer, so things are definitely on the mend ahead of this weekend's Surrey Half. The tendon is still a little tender so I'll not risk running on it just yet, but hopefully keeping up the stretches and icing will get me round the course on Sunday.

No, I'm not going for or expecting a decent time! That got stuffed when I ended up in hospital for the New Year.

:lolol:

Good luck with that. Maybe 2 or 3 ice applications today? I

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Good luck with that. Maybe 2 or 3 ice applications today? I

Cheers. I've taken to shoving my kids' cold compresses in my socks - so I've been alternating between Mr Bump and Peppa Pig! Regular stretching and movement helps (a desk job does not).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As Big Nuts said the Lewes 10m off road is the same day and may now get a cult following. I'll be on hols.

For the Quiz night a NSC runner's team would be good. At the moment I'll be a floater and however many we get from here I can join to make a team or leave if we have 4 already. So 2 more NSC runners would be good.
Also spread the word around as Quiz maestro Tufty deserves a big crowd and the Martlets deserves the money.

Bookings at the link below or let me know.

https://www.facebook.com/caxtonarmsbrighton/

Got room for me on the team ? Should be able to make it...................

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Got room for me on the team ? Should be able to make it...................
[MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] is looking good. Me as first reserve but hopefully we'll find one more or one of you can bring one more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here