Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
6 days moping about and now ready to return. Tomorrow's Arena showdown at Preston Park will determine whether I'm well rested or under cooked and fatigued. Have absolutely no idea what to expect.
If anyone else going it will be a congested dash to the bollards with the normal PP lot plus Arena and Brighton Tri Club holding club events.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
6 days moping about and now ready to return. Tomorrow's Arena showdown at Preston Park will determine whether I'm well rested or under cooked and fatigued. Have absolutely no idea what to expect.
If anyone else going it will be a congested dash to the bollards with the normal PP lot plus Arena and Brighton Tri Club holding club events.

For that reason, I'm out. Was thinking of parkrun tomorrow but not sure the timing works with other stuff (including a stupid 12;30 KO obviously)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
19:28 at Hove Promenade this morning - I was pretty close to flat out pacewise and I don't think I can get any quicker at the moment but maybe in a few weeks I'll be getting back to the sub-19s. Today was my quickest parkrun since September and then June before that. Not exactly been consistently quick recently...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Seaford beach parkrun test event today. First official event beginning of March

Many thanks for the update. There's been talk of this one for quite a while. I'm assuming it'll be a flat one. My memories of the prom are rather prejudiced by doing the coastal HM there a couple of years ago and slogging along it many times on a steel-grey, windswept , bleak Sunday in Autumn. Here's to some sunny Saturdays!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
19:28 at Hove Promenade this morning - I was pretty close to flat out pacewise and I don't think I can get any quicker at the moment but maybe in a few weeks I'll be getting back to the sub-19s. Today was my quickest parkrun since September and then June before that. Not exactly been consistently quick recently...

Worthing parkrun: 21.34 AG 77.09%. Season's best so requesting updated table please (and looking at @Ninja's excellent time I might not be the only one). The winner did 14.45!

Good running will begrudgingly do the changes.
Had a good trot around PP with good conditions today but the lingering lurgy stopped me going sub 21. I found the course difficult to pace. Caught by the bollards at the start, slowed by the sharp turn and misjudging the slight but steady incline running north led to erratic pacing. Happy with a 21:20.
Once [MENTION=25508]soistes[/MENTION] has got the marathon out the way he'll be wise to run on a faster course in his challenge on the AG Gold.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I have lurgy too. Binned today’s easy session in the hope that I can produce something half respectable tomorrow. Bad timing for Brighton Half next week.

Taking of Brighton Half is anyone else here doing it? I am likely to be heading over with [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have lurgy too. Binned today’s easy session in the hope that I can produce something half respectable tomorrow. Bad timing for Brighton Half next week.

Taking of Brighton Half is anyone else here doing it? I am likely to be heading over with [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION]

Mrs has been coughing for several days, I woke up not feeling great this morning. Easy 40 mins or so but very ‘phlegmy’, didn’t help breathing. Parkrun would’ve been rubbish so happy I didn’t try.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Good recovery. I'll be stewarding at The Angel peace Statue at the Brighton Half. I'll shout encouraging abuse as you and Mr Blobby run by.............it could be a close finish.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good recovery. I'll be stewarding at The Angel peace Statue at the Brighton Half. I'll shout encouraging abuse as you and Mr Blobby run by.............it could be a close finish.

Indeed. If we’re both fully fit and conditions are ok we’ll both be around 1:45 I reckon.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Can I join in the results table fun? 5k SB and PB this morning on a slippy muddy Parkrun course in Reigate, 22:00 AG 61.14%. Starting up at the front and hanging for dear life seems to help with the time.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Can I join in the results table fun? 5k SB and PB this morning on a slippy muddy Parkrun course in Reigate, 22:00 AG 61.14%. Starting up at the front and hanging for dear life seems to help with the time.

Certainly. Welcome. Always meant to do Reigate. The in laws run Beryl & Peggs by the station free breakfast, cakes and coffee. Might wait for drier weather.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Im doing the Brighton Half next week. Not as quickly as I’d hoped when I entered but training has gone reasonably well until I spent last week dosed up on Ibuprofen due to severe toothache. The tooth is now gone!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Worthing parkrun: 21.34 AG 77.09%. Season's best so requesting updated table please (and looking at @Ninja's excellent time I might not be the only one). The winner did 14.45!

Good and bad news I'm afraid. I've spotted on Strava that [MENTION=11816]Artie Fufkin[/MENTION] got a brilliant 17.27 at the first Cassiobury Parkrun yesterday. Excellent running and his AG was 78.8%. So it's sub 20 for me this year or failure.

Great that a youngster 40-44 has shown that a high AG is not only for super athletic old gits!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here