Page 1654 of 1654 FirstFirst ... 65411541554160416441651165216531654
Results 16,531 to 16,535 of 16535

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She's great, the sessions I've had to get through have been hard work but I reckon I'm at the same stage exactly as I was three years ago - not bad considering those three years mainly consisted of sporadic long term injuries.

It's sometime good to look back to see how things have progressed. Last year I did Brighton Half in 1.58 on six weeks training just to get round. It feels like a full year's worth of work will be going in to Sunday but it's definitely accelarated over the last couple of months of following a strucutured, coached plan.
    Looking at your Strava stuff you'll be disappointed if you don't beat that on Sunday. Love talking to her - she's so properly interested in the science behind it all........
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Looking at your Strava stuff you'll be disappointed if you don't beat that on Sunday. Love talking to her - she's so properly interested in the science behind it all........
      The machine (Jan's Frankenstein) is actually chasing down a 1:46 odd PB, aiming sub 1:45 and hoping to get over the line in front of an ever improving @Mr Blobby. Excellent stuff. I'll look forward to watching the race unfold once I've finished trying to keep up with the U-17s mini run as sweeper.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      The machine (Jan's Frankenstein) is actually chasing down a 1:46 odd PB, aiming sub 1:45 and hoping to get over the line in front of an ever improving @Mr Blobby. Excellent stuff. I'll look forward to watching the race unfold once I've finished trying to keep up with the U-17s mini run as sweeper.
      Excellent. Nice SLOW 13 miles for me.......after the same on Saturday........

'Jan's Frankenstein'
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      (Jan's Frankenstein)
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      'Jan's Frankenstein'

Let's hope that doesn't stick

I know Dazzer has gone on about coaching on here before. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone and there are those of us who just want to do our own thing (like insane brick sessions in a gym) but having someone who can say "if you do this, you will get better" is invaluable to a duffer like me.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post

Let's hope that doesn't stick

I know Dazzer has gone on about coaching on here before. I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone and there are those of us who just want to do our own thing (like insane brick sessions in a gym) but having someone who can say "if you do this, you will get better" is invaluable to a duffer like me.
      It might now I've told her

It's not just the actual running that a coach has been invaluable for me (though the difference a tailored, structured plan makes is enormous) - very much hydration, nutrition, bit of psychology, race targets - the lot. More valuable to me than the cost of gym membership.............