Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior [2010 edition]

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Apparently he's coming to us on Monday for a week-long trial, well according to one of my Albion supporting mates on Facebook.

If so, definetly the end of Andy Whing's Albion career.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
As much as I love Calderon, and as much as I doubt we'd be able to afford him, I'd love to have him as our right back. Would be an unbelievable signing. Imagine he's only using us to keep fit though, if this does turn out to be true.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
would be a great player as he can play midfield as well.I am suprised no club has yet to sign him up.And can any one else confirm this week trial?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good cover in many positions then and even if he is using us to keep fit would be a great signing even if only for a while

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wages would be a prob, surely?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I guess he is currently not earning anything which might mean that much will depend on how many clubs are interested in him? A short term deal (to January for example) allowing him to put himself in the shop window, might be attractive to both him and the club and therefore his demands might not be too much

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Read something about him a few weeks ago, he was offered a new deal by whatever club he was with last, but turned it down knowing he'd be entitled to sign for whoever he wanted if he was released.

He's been training on his own in his local park to keep fit, and tagging along with clubs that will let him.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Read something about him a few weeks ago, he was offered a new deal by whatever club he was with last, but turned it down knowing he'd be entitled to sign for whoever he wanted if he was released.

He's been training on his own in his local park to keep fit, and tagging along with clubs that will let him.

Reading ?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Imagine he might get a gig at Blackpool. They seem to be interested in most average Championship players.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Imagine he might get a gig at Blackpool. They seem to be interested in most average Championship players.

I think that's a little bit harsh on Blackpool, who are trying to put together a team without risking the future of the club. When Portsmouth spent beyond their means, they weren't criticised. I've read alot of negative stuff about Blackpool, but I don't understand. They're being criticised for not emulating Portsmouth and signing players they can't afford.

I don't mean to have a go at you, Clarkey. I'm just saying, I'm baffled by the criticism of Blackpool for not risking their financial future when everyone has been so harsh (and rightly so) on Portsmouth for doing exactly that.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think that's a little bit harsh on Blackpool, who are trying to put together a team without risking the future of the club. When Portsmouth spent beyond their means, they weren't criticised. I've read alot of negative stuff about Blackpool, but I don't understand. They're being criticised for not emulating Portsmouth and signing players they can't afford.

I don't mean to have a go at you, Clarkey. I'm just saying, I'm baffled by the criticism of Blackpool for not risking their financial future when everyone has been so harsh (and rightly so) on Portsmouth for doing exactly that.

Who has had a go at Blackpool?

What are you on about?

They ARE signing average Championship players. It's not a criticism, it's an observation.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick

Luke Varney and DJ Campbell aren't exactly premier league quality are they ? They're signing AVERAGE players from the Championship, fact.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Who has had a go at Blackpool?

What are you on about?

They ARE signing average Championship players. It's not a criticism, it's an observation.

I'm talking more broadly than the world of NSC. Though I have read some critical stuff on here.

All they can afford is Championship players. That is also an observation.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
They seem to be able to be doing a good job in the premier league though so Holloway knows what he's doing.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I really like what Blackpool are doing. They are using the premier league money to invest in the clubs long term future, ie increasing the capacity of the ground and trying to consolidate. That's a realistic target for them considering in most peoples opinions they over achieved last season

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Apparently he's coming to us on Monday for a week-long trial, well according to one of my Albion supporting mates on Facebook.

If so, definetly the end of Andy Whing's Albion career.

Can anyone confirm this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here