Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Agents [2010]

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
see Football News, Headlines Goals | Give Me Football
and

Paul Fletchers article on BBC Sport - quote "
The Professional Footballers' Association's comprehensive list of free agents' is as lengthy as it is depressing.

It took me ages to plough through the 31-page list of players who are out of contract. I was driven on by an almost morbid fascination to see who is suddenly facing an uncertain future.

There are the hundreds of players who are still in their teens - footballers I have never heard of but ones whose professional careers could be set to end in their infancy.

Then there are the likes of Liam Rosenior, Jeremie Aliadiere, Lee Hendrie, Francis Jeffers, Keith Gillespie, Russell Hoult, Gavin Mahon, Jay DeMerit, Barry Hayles - all experienced performers at a variety of levels, all united by the fact they are without a club.

But what also unites them all is that they can still be signed by clubs even though the transfer window has now closed."

maybe the inflated wage demands of their agents will become realistic in the absence of business; would have thought Aladiere would be worth a trial!

seagulls120

Feb 25, 2009
Febian Brandy would be great! I saw him play for Gillingham last year when they beat Sockport 4-1, he was fanstatic, quick, skillful and got a great eye for goal. He scored twice and set one up.

P.s. Wiipedia never shows the real amount of goals scored, its rubbish to find out about a player goal-scoring record!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Febian Brandy would be great! I saw him play for Gillingham last year when they beat Sockport 4-1, he was fanstatic, quick, skillful and got a great eye for goal. He scored twice and set one up.

P.s. Wiipedia never shows the real amount of goals scored, its rubbish to find out about a player goal-scoring record!

Swansea City | Team | First team profiles | Febian Brandy ???

He's not great, less than 1 in 3 in league 2 and only scored one league goal at Gillingham. The times i've seen him he was hardly impressive.

Jay DeMerit or Rosenior would be class, but wouldnt expect we have enough left in our budget after this striker arrives.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Jay DeMerit would be amazing!

Brandy looked good on Boxing day against Brentford but heard he's very inconsistant. Was easy to spot as he's about 4'10" and lightning quick. Won couple of headers still tho :bounce:

The 2 Gills players who looked good were Weston in the middle of the park clearly level above everyone else on the day, and their really tall right winger.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here