Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

So it is now officially transfer deadline day and all clubs in England have around 18 hours to complete deals for players so here is the thread for any notable, interesting but mainly Albion related transfers.

WILL we finally get our striker after bids for Vassel, Phillips, Hooper, Le Fondre, Pitman, Mitgarden, Misfud, Mchunt, Varney and MANY others failed?

WILL we sign that elusive yet hideously less interesting left sided defender/utility man?

WILL the script that has been written for weeks be wronged as maybe a player leaves the club or we sign another Winger or a Center Back?

WILL Kazenga Lua Lua get lost as his cab driver, Diego Camacho, tries to find a KFC that serves Paella and inadvertently end up in Sierra Leone changed to a radiator as a with doctor called Al Bangura tries to turn his Taxi into a diamond, scuppering any chance of a deal?

WILL BrightonLoyal (formerly known as Gav something or other) have a source that correctly predicts an Albion signing or will he just reliably inform us that The Earth might keep spinning on it's axis?

WILL Leon knight sign for Eastbourne Borough or will Gus see the light through NSC tinted spectacles and re-sign him on a match by match deal, scuppering Mike Wards attempts at an assassination using only the BULL SHIT that quite literally seeps from every part of his body?

Anyway, we all know that Gus will add many FLAIRIGHTS to his Bus and sign them up to his football label, The Ministry Of Flair.

Last edited:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bridcutt was utility not just DM wasn't he?

Hope we sign a striker and think someone similar standard to Murray / Barnes (quality for league 1 but not a top 5 in the league player) will be on his way to jump above Holroyd in the rotation.

Can't see us doing much other business though and not convinced there's a need either :bhasign:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The last day of the permanent transfer window and all has gone quiet about our signing a striker. Looks like we're going to have to make do with what we've got. Let's just hope that Murray doesn't get injured or suspended.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If I didn't know that LuaLua was on the M23 southbound the news that Siphiwie Tshabalala was on the plane form Jo'burg into Heathrow last night might have provoked some interest - left winger from Kaiser Chiefs - South African international - strike rate roughly 1 goal in every 5 or 6 games. Will probably go to a Premiership club and rarely get a game I guess such is the way of football.

Will we won't we get a striker?

The jury is out but I reckon we will but what are the chances on any of our players leaving today and how long is it before the loan window re-opens for lower league clubs?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The Premier League is about to double it's FLAIR value with the addition of the FLAIRMASTER GENERAL Asamoah Gyan at Sunderland.

:bowdown:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Just seen Le Fondre arriving at Shoreham Airport in the Albion's Lear Jet.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Premier League is about to double it's FLAIR value with the addition of the FLAIRMASTER GENERAL Asamoah Gyan at Sunderland.

:bowdown:

I bet he'd fit in well with English football - that's a good signing. Sunderland might be a bit of a culture shock though

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sky sports news just confirmed kazenga lua lua expected to join Brighton on loan until January......

:thumbsup:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
With LuaLua in, our team is bloody brilliant as it is, with 4-4-2 probably being the most used formation, if either Barnes or Murray get injured or suspended, we have enough midfielders to switch to a 4-5-1, so I don't think we need a striker, though if one comes in it would be an added bonus, making our team even stronger :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here