Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long for Bates?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bates has always liked to large it, but how's he going to react to being told 'you're irrelevant'. New man - pots of cash - 'interesting' associates - avowed intention to meddle in buying players and team selection. Bates is a puppet as chairman, and he's going to hate it. Should have gone with the money. I give it two months.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Indeed, Uncle Ken was almost lovable in comparison.
Unfortunately not, 'Uncle' Ken had or has a side to him that would have shrinks around the globe turning cartwheels trying to analyse it.

I won't break a confidence because it was a private conversation, but a well loved and respected footballing figure once told me a story about when Bates effectively humiliated a 'National Treasure' in the Stamford Bridge boardroom.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unfortunately not, 'Uncle' Ken had or has a side to him that would have shrinks around the globe turning cartwheels trying to analyse it.

I won't break a confidence because it was a private conversation, but a well loved and respected footballing figure once told me a story about when Bates effectively humiliated a 'National Treasure' in the Stamford Bridge boardroom.
I don't doubt what you say, no one knows what goes on behing closed doors etc. etc. Fair to say too l think, that very few people reach the pinnacle in whatever they do, without having a hard side to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here