Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do I stop neighbours cats from coming into my house?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Recently two cats from somewhere down our road keep coming into our house every time we open the door/window. They seem to be able to sneak into the house without us even noticing.

We have no cats of our own, and don't really want these cats in our house, not least because we babysit the other half's baby nieces on a semi-regular basis.

How do we stop this?

I've done some research online, but all of the stuff I have found relates only to people that already have cats. It scared me shitless last night when I was halfway through Die Hard 2, Bruce Willis was busy shooting some terrorists and all of a sudden a cat jumps from the shelves behind the sofa (next to the Goldfish tank!).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
shave all the hair off its head and arse....the owners wont let it out again...
if that don't work , set light to it.......in the garden though as they are well aggro when they are on fire..!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Thanks, although the only real suggestion from that I can try is a water pistol. I don't really want to spead paprika or lion shit over my carpets.

The cats are actually entering our house and hiding under the beds upstairs. They are welcome to use the garden as we have a communal garden.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
shave all the hair off its head and arse....the owners wont let it out again...
if that don't work , set light to it.......in the garden though as they are well aggro when they are on fire..!!

Is there something wrong with you?

In every post of yours, you just seem to come across as a :wanker: ?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Ask the neighbours to control the animals, and tell them their pets are not welcome in your house, and that if they cannot stop them going into your house, more direct action will be taken.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
If you know where they are getting in on windows etc. try and if you can get it putting holly on the ledge where they would land, my neighbours cats always used to shat in an old flower pot of mine, they don't anymore!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Move house

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Don't open any doors or windows.

We have been trying this. We have no idea how on earth the cat managed to get in last night, unless it had been hiding under the bed all day.

I think I may try to put some paprika around the front door and ground floor windows tonight.

Hopefully Gwylan will see this thread...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Capture them and then demand a ransom from the neighbours.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Water Pistol every time, works a treat and isn't too harmful to your moggy friends

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here