Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Brighton and Hove Albion v Sunderland, in Albufeira - Official**

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Gus Poyet has confirmed he will play his strongest possible team this evening, barring injured duo Peter Brezovan and Lewis Dunk.

Poyet told Brighton's official website, "There will be no more mixed teams and multiple changes. From now on it's the first-team. I am going to play the team that I think is best tonight."

Gus Poyet has confirmed he will play his strongest possible team this evening, barring injured duo Peter Brezovan and Lewis Dunk.
Have I missed something?

When did Lewis Dunk get elevated into the "he's in the strongest possible team, provided he's fit" category?

I've got nothing against the lad, but really ...

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Have I missed something?

When did Lewis Dunk get elevated into the "he's in the strongest possible team, provided he's fit" category?

I've got nothing against the lad, but really ...

Copied off the Sunderland site my friend, which may explain.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At Milton Keynes it looked like Lewis Dunk was a first team regular because of his attitude and confidence.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
looks a bit like El Bad had been given the elbow as well?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I sincerely hope that isn't what Gus considers his strongest team, back to the lopsided 4-4-2 and do anything possible rather than play Dicker, either in his best position or at all. ???

Bar the lack of the left winger, I think that is a pretty good team. 4-3-3 is the way to go with Murray leading the line

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
SAFC: Carson, Bardsley, McCartney, Colback, Ferdinand, Kilgallon, Zenden, Richardson, Waghorn, Jones, Bent.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Brighton: Poke, Calderon, Elphick, Greer, Painter, Bennett, Kishyshev, Navarro, Sparrow, Barnes, Murray.

Subs: Walker, Cook, Hall, El Abd, Battipiedi, Dicker, Baz, Holroyd, Hart, Smith, F.Morais.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
SAFC: Carson, Bardsley, McCartney, Colback, Ferdinand, Kilgallon, Zenden, Richardson, Waghorn, Jones, Bent.

Cor dear good luck Greer and Elphick

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I sincerely hope that isn't what Gus considers his strongest team, back to the lopsided 4-4-2 and do anything possible rather than play Dicker, either in his best position or at all. ???
My thoughts exactly. For me, the midfield is crying out for one of Kish/Nav holding, with Sparrow & Dicker completing the central trio, with two natural wide-men supporting the striker. It was what bought us such success at the back end of last season. Ah well, willing to trust Gus on this for the time being.

Defence should have their hands full with Jones & Bent up front.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Scott Carson...

carsonvl6.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here