Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

leon knight here im talked about too much on this site time to defend myself

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
It's interesting viewing this thread. LK is doing now exactly what he did when he was at the club: dividing the supporters and getting us arguing with each other and the little twat left us years ago. That in itself should set the alarm bells ringing.

You see I don't think HE is doing that here, it's the people like your self that wanna get their 2 cents worth in to call him a this and that then calling anyone that does like LK lickers etc. That's how I see it anyway fella.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There is always an exception to the rule. I am not saying he would turn it round but it wouldnt cost us anything to find out so what is the problem in doing that.

It could though, as previously suggested. We can't afford any disharmony in the squad if we are to stand any chance of getting promoted this year. Trialling him, when it's known he doesn't get on with our coaches (Oatway) is asking for trouble. Is he really worth the risk?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Leon, IF you did have a trial with the club and got a contract, but started the season as third choice behind Murray and Barnes, how would you feel and how would you react?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It could though, as previously suggested. We can't afford any disharmony in the squad if we are to stand any chance of getting promoted this year. Trialling him, when it's known he doesn't get on with our coaches (Oatway) is asking for trouble. Is he really worth the risk?

Are you certain he didnt get on with CO, who again is much older and wiser and in a different position now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You do talk alot of sense most times Dave but not this time. Why do you continue to judge him after he left us? His most successfull time in his career was playing for the Albion. That's really says it all. Who cares what he failed to do elsewhere?
There really isn't a problem giving him a short term deal ie 3 months is it?

We're talking FIVE YEARS ago though.

As for judging him since he left us, what else is there to judge him on ? His goalscoring record has gone sharply downhill along with the standard of football he's tumbled all the way down to. And the ATTITUDE of a player is every bit as important as his perceived skill level.

Not that I have anything like a soft spot for him, but Sir Alex Ferguson has always made a point of signing players who not only have the right skills, but also have the right attitude to play for his club. Given Leons track record in this respect, what on EARTH makes you think he is a guy we'd want in our dressing room again ?

I don't care if Leon supposedly "proved" himself in a trial with us and got himself a contract, because we know from bitter experience (as do a multitude of other clubs now), that sooner or later, he loses the plot. Then we're left with a STINKING atmosphere at the club, and are once again trying to offload a troublesome player and cut our losses.

No. Thanks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its all bollocks anyway. I don't wish him ill, I hope he gets back on track but Knight back at Brighton will NEVER happen.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
You see I don't think HE is doing that here, it's the people like your self that wanna get their 2 cents worth in to call him a this and that then calling anyone that does like LK lickers etc. That's how I see it anyway fella.

I agree until certain people started posting their views and basically telling anyone who thinks differently that they were idiots the thread was going along nicely and actually getting some good answers. Now its just one big argument

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I agree until certain people started posting their views and basically telling anyone who thinks differently that they were idiots the thread was going along nicely and actually getting some good answers. Now its just one big argument

To be fair, if they do think Tony Bloom/Gus Poyet would log onto NSC to check how the posters on here feel about a player before he decided whether or not to give them a trial, then chances are, they're an idiot

leon knight

Jul 21, 2010
I was just thinking that myself. Crazy isn't it?!

I'm not trying to make Anyone argue mate
I'm just reaching out to let use as fans know I'm sorry
And to prove I'm sorry ill get in contact with someone within
Brighton and put together a chairty do to help raise funds
For falmer or whatever needs help funding within the club

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on guys 650 more views and the thread breaks 100k

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm not trying to make Anyone argue mate
I'm just reaching out to let use as fans know I'm sorry
And to prove I'm sorry ill get in contact with someone within
Brighton and put together a chairty do to help raise funds
For falmer or whatever needs help funding within the club

I think Falmer has been paid for so you're alright there!

REMF would be a good choice though.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
To be fair, if they do think Tony Bloom/Gus Poyet would log onto NSC to check how the posters on here feel about a player before he decided whether or not to give them a trial, then chances are, they're an idiot

don't think anyone (bar 1 poster maybe) realistic believes that will/would happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here