Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who has seen Madonna in concert?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Possibly a 'facepalm' scenario, as noted on the other Maddy thread, but...

Who will admit to seeing her in the flesh?

I had tickets to go to The Blonde Ambition Tour show at Wembley Stadium in 1990, but was ill...

But made up for it by going with a g/f to see The Drowned World Tour show in Paris in 2001...

Any other closet Maddy fans aboard ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've seen her, in Cardiff.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Blonde Ambition Tour was probably the best dancing show I have ever seen.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Saw her at Wembley in 93 & Earls Court in 2000.. the shows were okay but as a fan I would have liked more commercially well known Madonna songs. She sang far too many album tracks...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Twice; Cardiff and Manchester, on the last tour. The girlfriend wanted to see her before she dies.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Went to Wembley in 1990 for Blonde ambition tour, fantastic. Went again to Earls Court for Drowned World tour and I must admit I did not think it was a patch on the first time.

Spun Cuppa

The Blonde Ambition Tour was probably the best dancing show I have ever seen.

A mate did me a VHS of the show from the telly, as I'd missed it, and it was a truely energetic performance by the look of it...

'Ciao Italia' is a great video from the earlier 'Who's That Girl' tour, and the beaming smile she has through the entire gig shows Sean Penn was doing her some good at the time :kiss:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
She had a very "can do" attitude in her early days which pissed off a lot of the establishment to the point where I think she was not invited to sign on "We are the world".

Bette Midler also decided to make a very sarcastic introduction to her set on Live Aid that was a superb routine.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Primarily went to see Technotronic :rave: supporting her at wembley in late eighties or early nineties..can't remember exactly. She was much better than i thought would be.

Seem to remember thick 'Gym mats' being laid to the turf which made the whole day quite bouncily weird..

And again at Earls court around 2001/2002. Bit too 'produced' for my liking.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Took my missus to see her at earls court in 2000 paid too much for seats three rows from the front. She loved it, didn't do much for me.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
Possibly a 'facepalm' scenario, as noted on the other Maddy thread, but...

Who will admit to seeing her in the flesh?

I had tickets to go to The Blonde Ambition Tour show at Wembley Stadium in 1990, but was ill...

But made up for it by going with a g/f to see The Drowned World Tour show in Paris in 2001...

Any other closet Maddy fans aboard ???

I went to that 1990 wembly gig ! and saw her at the Garden in NYC.

dunno why not a fan. to many screaming GUYS!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I thought she was famous for miming her concerts. On that basis I would defintely not want to see her - in fact anybody miming a live concert should be done for fraud in my view. I'm sure her dancing routines are technically very good - but they mean nothing to me. Got to admire how much of a career she has made for herself - but that's about it really.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Overrated, and Over Here, I think she is awful, I remember her at Live Aid between Clapton and Dylan I think, it was just a noise. And as someone else said, she mimes most concerts and if you think about it all those kids on BGT, sing live to millions, think that says a lot.

Spun Cuppa

I've got most of her concert videos and don't think she is miming on them. Bit of a pointless exercise putting together lavish stage productions if she was, and I don't think the punters would put up with it tbh...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I've got most of her concert videos and don't think she is miming on them. Bit of a pointless exercise putting together lavish stage productions if she was, and I don't think the punters would put up with it tbh...

It was hardly a secret. Can't remember the story exactly, but it's going back 2 or 3 years. I think she justified it by saying she couldn't do the dance routines and sing the songs at the same time. Making it completely worthless in my view, and as I said, IMO should be suject to fraud investigations if you're selling something as one thing and not attempting to deliver.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Twice; Cardiff and Manchester, on the last tour. The girlfriend wanted to see her before she dies.

That's awful news mate, you have my sympathy. How long has your girfriend been given to live? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here