Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'good' Doctor Smith

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Cant sign him cos he wont have a work permit, only way he will be back is if W.Indies dump Gayle cos he has sworn never to have Dwayne in any team of his, amd he hasnt played enough international games to qualify as a Kolpak.
I think he is two or three international caps short of qualifying.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Cant sign him cos he wont have a work permit, only way he will be back is if W.Indies dump Gayle cos he has sworn never to have Dwayne in any team of his, amd he hasnt played enough international games to qualify as a Kolpak.
I think he is two or three international caps short of qualifying.

Interesting angle..what is the history between these two then?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not really fair to blame one player, but his last few innings have been oh so predictable.

When called upon to play a steady innings and hang around for a while, he just comes in swinging like an Austin Powers extra. Highly entertaining with a big score and four overs to play but at 40-5 not helpful. Also his bowling is distinctly ordinary IMHO.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I think it was when the W.Indies got beat by Zimbabwe at home.
The W.Indies wanted about 254 to win off 50 overs and were cruising at 233-5 but collapsed and lost by 2 runs.
Dwayne went in at No8 with 8 balls left, scored 4 off 5 balls, another 2 wkts went down , including Benn for a golden duck, so with 3 balls left Dwayne had a heave-ho and was bowled.
Gayle went mental back in the dressing room, and had a right go at Dwayne and the others that had failed, but he blamed Dwayne for the defeat.
Dwayne took umbridge and stood up to Gayle and allegedly threatened to punch his lights out.
Thus Gayle said as long as he was captain, Dwayne would never play for the W.Indies again.

Another thing to bear in mind was that the W.Indies had just come back from touring Australia and Dwayne was their best player in the one day series.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I think it was when the W.Indies got beat by Zimbabwe at home.
The W.Indies wanted about 254 to win off 50 overs and were cruising at 233-5 but collapsed and lost by 2 runs.
Dwayne went in at No8 with 8 balls left, scored 4 off 5 balls, another 2 wkts went down , including Benn for a golden duck, so with 3 balls left Dwayne had a heave-ho and was bowled.
Gayle went mental back in the dressing room, and had a right go at Dwayne and the others that had failed, but he blamed Dwayne for the defeat.
Dwayne took umbridge and stood up to Gayle and allegedly threatened to punch his lights out.
Thus Gayle said as long as he was captain, Dwayne would never play for the W.Indies again.

Another thing to bear in mind was that the W.Indies had just come back from touring Australia and Dwayne was their best player in the one day series.

He threatened to punch Gayle?!?!
f*** me he's got bottle, Gayle is HUGE!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Would you fancy taking Dwayne on.:wrong::wrong::wrong:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Getting back to the point of the thread. I am afraid that the good Dr is not the player he was for us last season.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
He's had a bit of a shocker this year. He's only had one decent innings and his bowling is nothing special, but to be fair he almost single handedly won us the final last year!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Trouble is they dont have a proper league in the W.Indies, Dwayne plays for Barbados and they dont play regularary.
Since losing his W.Indies place, he hasnt played much, no international cricket or tours and because he cant play abroad he must be wondering how he is going to make a living.
He didnt feature in all the IPL games, only some of them, and IMHO he is suffering from a lack of confidence and self belief.
The future dosnt look good, at least until Gayle pisses off.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It only takes a minute of big hitting for my man crush to return

[yt]N6WwvBaJmGQ[/yt]

Its not like anybody is being that consistent for us and with the loss of Wright/Yardy and the mix of uisng McCullum, the 20/20 has become hit and miss. Lets hope we get two more wins a home tie and Dwayne can have his day down at the Rose Bowl on the big stage.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Not next year you cant, he wont get a work permit

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Dwayne is a bit of a confidence player, Sussex as a club are probably partly to blame for his decline in this years tournament, he scores a match winning 49 at Middlesex only to be dropped next game for McCullum, who failed, that was a little silly on Sussex's part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here