Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many bottles of wine could you/have you drunk in a day ?.

My maximum bottles of wine in a day was

• 0 - I am teetotal

Votes: 5 11.4%

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 1-2

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 2-3

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • 3-4

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • 4 and over

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • 6 and over

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ringo Starr in his autobiography has stated at the height of his drinking he consumed 16 bottles of Wine a day. How is that humanly possible ?. I know George Best and other legendary boozers could and did regularly down 6 bottles of wine a day but 16 ?.

Is this bullshit ?. Thats about 150 units a day.

I love my wine and can neck a bottle in a couple of hours and could do 1 and a half bottles but 2 bottles is too much. I guess I drink 4-5 bottles a week.

Have you ever consumed more than 2 bottles in a day or am I just a Wuss ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is 4-5 bottles a week too much do you think ?.

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
When I was an undergraduate, I once drank three bottles of wine in an evening.

That was a stupid thing to do.

The next morning I went to work at M&S and vomited all over the staff toilets. And in Palmer Park on the way home.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
At least he kept off the hard stuff! Currently reading about Warren Zevon, who was doing several bottles of vodka a day. No, I don't know how it's humanly possible, but I guess the body adapts. How do you hide it though?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Red Wine has fanstastic qualities like Antioxidants which help lower cholesterol and are good for the heart.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gascoigne said he was drinking 4 bottles of whisky a day.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Recover from what ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you like your wine 4-5 bottles a week is very easily done without being drunk at anytime.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Recover from what ?.

I don't know - presumably for the liver and kidneys to flush out all the toxins. Apparently, the liver can go downhill for a long time without showing problems, but when it does then it's too late.

Anyway, I'm on the gin right now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It can function at 15% but after that its too late. If you stop before cirrosis sets in the Liver can be back to full working order in 2 months.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Got through 4 bottles of red on a nice summer evening a couple of years ago. Completely pissed, managed to get a bus home though. Went to Epsom races the next day and drank a gallon+ of Guinness. :drink:

Still felt ill 4 days later :sick:

When I lived in a seriously good wine producing area, it wasn't unknown for four bottles (per head) of the cheap red stuff to make a hot summer's day disappear from the memory.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When I lived in a seriously good wine producing area, it wasn't unknown for four bottles (per head) of the cheap red stuff to make a hot summer's day disappear from the memory.

Thats why I think 4-5 bottles a week is quite reasonable. Never done 4 bottles in a day. You must have been pissed as a Lord :p

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone seen Sideways ?. A fantastic film for wine lovers. At the dinner the 4 of them must have had about 8 bottles and then 2 of them drove and consumed more. I love this film.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here