Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Becker - crisis

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The man is clearly wrestling with some deep-rooted personal issues. What else can have prompted his increasingly camp appearance and demeanour these past two weeks. The Van der Graaf generator/tub of gel look is not becoming for a man of his seniority. What's Tintin's problem?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Boris Becker really does the German national stereotype no good at all when commentating at "Vimpleton".

Stuff like "Ent Enty Rottick reely hezz to take ze initiative ven it camms to shorts cloze to zer net" just sounds like Jurgen the German from the Fast Show.

You expect him to come out with: "I really masst aporlogise for ze shameful condact off my cantry during ze vor" at any minute...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Any man who has made it his life's ambition to look more like Sue Barker is very much not above criticism.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
top boy, above ALL criticism, i thought he looked natty but his comments ALL Wimpleton have been accurate,concise,sometimes with humour but above all enjoyable and incisive.Perfect alongside the master,McEnroe.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Alyson Rudd who plays football every thursday with us in Regents Pk has a good article on the back page of the Times today about the BBC and it's commentary on Sunday,the comments and suspicions being raised about the Women's final etc,she also sings the praises of Becker quite rightly.

She knows what she's talking about,any girl that nutmegs Rowdey week in week out has to be worth listening to. :clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Apparantly I look like Becker

Can I get this right, you are both black and ginger Dwayne?

All of a sudden everything clicks into place and I feel quite sorry for you, despite the fact that you are richer than me, sweep more chimneys than me, have more designer buttons, are a homey, have a 2:1 from University of Westminster (ranked 90th best Uni by the Times, ahead of the likes of Central Lancashire and Glamorgan Universities no less) a job with JP Morgan and threaten to beat up kids.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I am a ginger black man, yes indeed and proud of that.

...just to pull u up on 1 thing I did most of my studying at Brunel (but got expelled, which I do not want to go into) my third and final year I went to Westminster which I was impressed with, even though it is not red brick, it is also much higher than that in the rankings for business.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I did most of my studying at Brunel (but got expelled

You have my respect now. It is an achievement to get expelled from Uni believe me given some of the scandalous things that students do and end up with at most a mild telling off

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Brixtaan said:
top boy, above ALL criticism, i thought he looked natty but his comments ALL Wimpleton have been accurate,concise,sometimes with humour but above all enjoyable and incisive.Perfect alongside the master,McEnroe.

when i can be bothered to watch some of wimbledon, i agree, mcenroe is superb:clap:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Despite his greatness, you can't listen to Becker without thinking of that new Austrian fashion critic from Ali G in the USAII.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The man is clearly wrestling with some deep-rooted personal issues. What else can have prompted his increasingly camp appearance and demeanour these past two weeks. The Van der Graaf generator/tub of gel look is not becoming for a man of his seniority. What's Tintin's problem?

Bit unfair on VDGG. They wer pioneers of pomp rock. I've seen them many times. If an education is in order, lets start early . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmhP6YiN6s

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports